[OPEN] [GTW] Books marked for sale being read by customers/owner

by Skadeth

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Books marked for sale being read by customers/owner

★★★★ Novice

Also, not sure if this is important but even after you sell the books they pick up the out of stock sign and act like they are reading it.  LOOOL.  I'm deleting all books from my store now.

Message 10 of 32 (1,682 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I made my first bookstore and have the same issue. People take books marked as "for sale", read them for a while, and then drop them just anywhere on the floor. In a matter of minutes, the whole shop is a mess.

Very disappointed with the whole retail content. Can't sell plasma bags, can't sell pictures took by my sim for their real value - they all sell for 12 simoleons -, and now this... I regret I bought it, I won't buy Cats and Dogs until other buyers start giving feedback.

Message 11 of 32 (1,626 Views)

Hero

Hi @Skadeth

Could you please open a new thread for this one ? This one doesn't have the bug template and that is super useful to have.

I'll merge the thread once you have done so.

Thanks in advance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (1,623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried but I can't! For some reason, after filling in all fields, and attaching a few images, I only have the choice to hit the button "Preview", and in the preview page, there's another "Preview" button that does nothing, but no "Submit" button... What am I doing wrong?

Message 13 of 32 (1,609 Views)

Hero

You need to fill some text in the comment box as well. Images are not enough, I'm afraid.

Thank you

@Skadeth

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (1,601 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Done, thanks!

Message 16 of 32 (1,592 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

Merged the threads so your post is first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 32 (1,589 Views)

Hero

Added back 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 32 (1,571 Views)

Another sim took a sales item, now my sim "does not own that item"

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Get Together, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Movie Hangout, Spa Day, Luxury Party,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a book store, open the store, let sims browse, most sims will take it off the shelf to read the books (and out of stock items as well) but waiting will have a customer take it into their inventory. When a sim takes a book and I want to put it back, I use the reset object, and it falls to the floor, this did not happen when the sim took the book.
What happens when the bug occurs? customers take books off the shelve to read, move the books around as the read them, but today one took into inventory and my sims lost all ownership, as well as the sim that took it
What do you expect to see? Customers look at books, not taking them off the shelves, buy a book and leave. I'll also settle for them just not stealing books and making me unable to sell them in my store.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's with toddler (?) patch I think, Sims take books from book stores to read them. I know about that issue, hoping it gets fixed soon, because now sims are taking the books into their own inventory. I used the add to family cheat, and got the book back but because the item is no longer owned by my sim (or the sims that took it) I can't sell it in my shop again, and the publishing option is gone as well.

It was a child Sim, yet I've had child customers in past games ( 1 week or so ago ) and they did not "steal" the books.

The images attached show the menu, on the book that she wrote.

Message 19 of 32 (1,549 Views)

Re: Another sim took a sales item, now my sim "does not own that item"

Hero

@cedesdc I merged your post with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 32 (1,541 Views)