Re: have the baby at the hospital is impossible!

by DeeBSim4

Original Post

Re: Doctor is missing every other day.

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have now had a few hospital birth with never an issue.

Marking this as fixed but feel free to post if you still have it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 79 (2,000 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue right now. I took my sim to the hospital via the 'Have baby at the hospital' interaction, checked in at the front desk and my sim waited for a bit then changed into a gown...then nothing. The receptionist left, the doctors walking around and still no birth or receptionist hours later

Message 42 of 79 (1,940 Views)

Hero

Did a new receptionist get in ? Can you check in again ?

Your save game would be helpful. Save the game under a new name and upload that to a file sharing site. 

Also are yo using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 79 (1,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It has been happening to me too since ages...

I think that the problem is that there is no doctor at the hospital most of the times if you have a sim working as a doctor (doctor career). After more than 5 attempts with different sims, I gave up and made my sims give birth at home.

At the beginning of the year I thought that the bug was fixed (because of the notes of this modder: <removed link. Please only name mods, no links>) but just a few minutes ago I tried again and nope, the bug is still there (at least for me)

Message 44 of 79 (1,896 Views)

Hero

I'm putting this on the list as I've just encountered the problem myself the other day

For the issue though was that the birth overlapped with going to work which cause my Sim to not be able to check in.

So seems there's two instances where this can still go wrong

• Your own Sim being doctor (need to test that)
  • Pregnant Sims going to work at the same time

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 79 (1,884 Views)

Re: [GTW] Birth at hospital not possible

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

What worked for me is that when the sim went into labor the only option that came up was have baby at hospital...Okay....So I selected it and when the options came up to join or send alone I selected the send alone option.  Her spouse went with her but it did not show them at the hospital.  The dialogue came up XXX is having a baby.  She had the baby and they all came home together.

I am not sure if it is a bug because I cannot remember if she had her first child, with no problem before I installed the latest release "dine out" and I don't have any mods in my game whatsoever.

Message 46 of 79 (1,832 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Birth at hospital not possible/No Staff on duty

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Has anyone found a fix for this? Got this bug today. Went in labor at home and chose to have the baby at the hospital. This is a female sim but has reached the peak of the Doctor career, and came to the hospital with her husband. When I got there, sim did not do anything. There was someone at the desk, but I couldn't check in, there was also one other doctor but she's just  standing outside. Not sure if I should just wait and wait. Or should my sim just deliver the baby myself, she's Chief of Staff after all. (just kidding)

I should add though, that my sim was supposed to work this same day, but I took a vacation (shouldn't it be that pregnant sims could take leave or is that the same with family leave). I have no mods as well. 

UPDATE!!!
I tried checking if I can reselect the option to have the baby at the hospital. I clicked on my pregnant sim and the option was there, so I had to reselect it and who comes with her (though I am already in the hospital for hours). When I did, the Doctor started moving, and  my pregnant sim changed into a hospital gown, then they all headed to surgery.

Message 47 of 79 (1,812 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Birth at hospital not possible/No Staff on duty

Hero

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 79 (1,793 Views)

have the baby at the hospital is impossible!

★★ Novice

have the baby at the hospital is impossible. there is no doctor and if he shows he is out on the street, never goes into the hospital. the rest of the people get easily into the building. I feel stupid having to have the baby at home.

Message 49 of 79 (1,721 Views)

Re: have the baby at the hospital is impossible!

★ Apprentice

Have you changed any part of the hospital?  I had that problem and it was all because my delivery rooms weren't large enough.  Delivery room must have clear walking space completely around the machine and extra room at door for father to spaz.  Let me know if this helps.

Message 50 of 79 (1,704 Views)