[FIXED] [GTW] Aliens features change when aged up

by musa56044

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Aliens features change when aged up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Could the gurus please, for the love of god, stop ignoring this issue that has been there since early 2016 (!!!!) and for once consider us occult players and actually fix this issue? It's absolutely outrageous to me how aliens have been neglected and how issues like these have been allowed to persist for almost 4 years. And aliens aren't the only occult who have been neglected - I feel like us occult players keep getting the short end of the stick and it's honestly not a great feeling, it's incredibly disappointing to me. There have been many people adding to this thread and we still have yet to see a single guru's response. This bug has a huge effect on alien gameplay; my alien Sims' children don't come out looking like he does because of the way their own features will change as soon as they've aged up - they get the same presets but they'll be a lot thinner, their faces will be shorter... it's making me anxious to even allow my aliens to have children. It'll affect hybrid Sims too, because they'll get the genetics from the alien parent's alien form which will again see the features change. And then there's the alien Sims themselves... it makes alien gameplay a LOT less attractive. 

When, oh when, will this issue finally be acknowledged? 

Also wondering why this bug is listed as "needs input" if we aren't getting any from EA. Really disappoints me a lot. 😢

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 31 of 55 (1,739 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Aliens features change when aged up

Hero
@Fierande All information on what tags mean can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 55 (1,729 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Aliens features change when aged up

★★★ Guide

Same. I manually fix my aliens' features whenever I age them up. It is not only annoying, but also very tedious.

Message 33 of 55 (1,671 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just an update, the December 12 2019 update on the game this time had more than one bullet point for GTW in regards to aliens, so I thought that perhaps this would somehow fix it along the way--At least temporarily, as it had once before in June 2016 (CAS only). 

It did not, and the issue is still as it is now. 

In regards to the current status of this issue, maybe I'll make another thread on the forums since they closed the bugs/help part of the forum so this issue could garner more attention. It really has been years and nothing has been done... :/

Message 34 of 55 (1,620 Views)

Hero
@Cmehnt Thanks for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 55 (1,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have had this in my game for the longest time  Frown

@Cmehnt  Saw your post on the Sims 4 Forum, thank you for posting!

Message 36 of 55 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am also still getting this in my game. It is particularly obvious in the case of this alien - look at how much longer her chin gets between YA and adult! (she has a human skin tone due to a glitch but she is full alien)

Message 37 of 55 (1,392 Views)

★ Guide

tested in a brand new, unmodded save I found this bug in CAS (not aging up in live mode) when creating an alien as a young adult (the default for a new sim) and aging him down to a teen - his eyes get wider apart and his nose gets narrower. If I didn't change any features in his teen form, switching him back to a young adult in CAS retained the features I initially set for him; if I did make changes to his teen form, his new face persists when I change him to a young adult again. Not sure if this is helpful but I thought it was worth noting.

Message 38 of 55 (1,181 Views)

Alien Ears Become Round(er) When Ageing into Children

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and Digital Deluxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me it happened to aliens born from abduction.
What happens when the bug occurs? I had three alien toddlers, all three had pointy ears. When they aged up to children two of them got non-alien (rounded) ears while one of them still has pointy ears but WAY less pointy than before ageing into a child.
What do you expect to see? That their ears keep the shape upon ageing from toddler to child.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since I didn't know this would happen I don't have super good pictures of their toddler ears, but I hope it's visible enough on these pictures. The blue alien is born earlier than the purple aliens, the purple aliens are twins and I have changed their skin tone (they were born blue). I have changed the disguise (human) form on all three of them, but only skin tone and eyes. Other than that I've only changed their clothes. I haven't touched their ears.

AlienToddlerEars1.pngAlienChildEars1.png

This alien had pointy ears as a toddler but now as a child his ears are round.

AlienToddlerEars2.pngAlienChildEars2.png

This alien had pointy ears as a toddler but now as a child her ears are round.

AlienToddlerEars3.pngAlienChildEars3.png

This alien had EXTREMELY pointy ears as a toddler, but now as a child her ears look more like what her siblings ears looked like when they were toddlers.

Message 39 of 55 (1,177 Views)

Re: Alien Ears Become Round(er) When Ageing into Children

★★ Apprentice
@SqueamishNerd Love to see that they STILL haven't addressed this bug after 4+ years. Unbelievable.
Message 40 of 55 (1,006 Views)