by Arkainmon

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Aliens Townies Don’t Wear Alien Clothing in Sixam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Realms of Magic, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the alien World Sixam.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime I visit the Sixam world Alien Townies spawn in their human clothing not in their alien clothing whilst in alien form.
What do you expect to see? Aliens Townies should spawn in their aliens clothes when in Alien form especially when you meet them on Sixam.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No Additional Information.

Message 1 of 6 (1,742 Views)

Re: Aliens Townies Don’t Wear Alien Clothing

Hero

@Arkainmon  I saw this for the first time in my game today so it is probably due to a recent change (12/12/19 patch maybe?) but I can't be sure as I can't remember when I last sent a sim there. It may be related to the changes that were made about sims showing up in the Realm in really outrageous outfits.   It only seems to affect NPCs though because my playable aliens that were there were in the cc "alien" clothes that I have them wear.  I do keep all my aliens in alien form in my game and I have quite a few so I don't see many NPCs there very often.  I only saw one NPC there and the rest were playables today.   I haven't seen any NPC aliens in any of the other worlds though so I don't know if it is happening there or not.  BTW, I play on a PC if that has any bearing on the issue.     

Message 2 of 6 (1,707 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] Aliens Townies Don’t Wear Alien Clothing in Sixam

Hero
@Arkainmon Tested and duplicated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,687 Views)

Re: Aliens Townies Don’t Wear Alien Clothing

★★★ Novice

No I know this bug has been around since at least June of last year, I just didn’t a) realize it was a bug until a few months ago , and b) was quite surprised no one else had caught said bug before now.

Message 4 of 6 (1,632 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this problem recently, originally i thought it was due to cc clothing but having removed them and all mods it still happens.

Message 5 of 6 (1,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

Adding another bug under here as noticed it’s related to this one.

As a result of this bug, one of the households from Maxis’ online gallery is also bugged. More specifically the “Sul Sul” household.More specifically the Sim called Aileen Rauvu. You not only in CAS loose her default alien form every time you download this household as townies from the gallery for the first time, but you also lose her featured “disguise” which is from the get to work trailers, as it then is replaced with a random generated human disguise instead of the purple alien disguise.

The current work around for this bug is you have to down load this house hold twice into you world from the CAS mode and delete the initial first copy.

Message 6 of 6 (1,520 Views)