Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Aliens features change when aged up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansion packs, dine out, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, spooky stuff, movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a sim: create an alien and then age them down or up Live mode: age up the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? When the alien is aged down to a teen some facial features change, and those changes shouldn't happen. The jaw narrows, the nose becomes smaller, the eye space grows. In live mode if you age the sim up from a teen to young adult, the teen features will stay. If you age up a young adult to an adult, those adult features go away and the teen features take their place.
What do you expect to see? As a teen I expect realistic changes. Not a smaller nose that wasn't given. If they age up they should keep the adult features and not revert back to a teens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As aliens when they age up they get features that I did not give them when I created them. This issue only occurs with the aliens, I've never noticed before until I made them a teen or aged them up. I took out my mods to see if that would fix the issue and it still happened.  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 23 of 55 (12,947 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Aliens features change when aged up

Hero

When your Sim grows up; Alien nose, chin, and eye width will carry over.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 55 (3,824 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [GTW] Alien Face changing on age-up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am extremely dissatisfied by how the alien's faces change drastically in the sims 4 when aging. I am not the only one who thinks this should be changed. Please fix it soon.

Message 1 of 55 (15,477 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Alien Face Bug

I'm not sure what you mean, do you maybe have some screenshots? Also do you have CC (custom content)/mods?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 55 (15,435 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey there, I've got a gif showing what they mean

It doesn't matter if they have CC or mods, as it affects both aliens in an unmodded or modded game from what I've tested out. Aliens were fine until some patches ago, where they started to age up to look like generic rng aliens instead of growing up with the features they're supposed to have. 

Eyes would enlarge, slightly drifting to the sides, the nose will shrink, and the chins will become pointy. (I also attached some screenshots of an alien I took into CAS with exaggerated features to show how she looks like aging from Young Adult to Adult.) 

I feel like this similar to the bug that affected male sims in October 2014 where they had the "wide jaw" glitch, however, this glitch only affects aliens that seem to have bigger noses and smaller eyes that were moved closer, farther, up or down, and chins that were more square to become sharp.

I also think this isn't reported as often since most simmers aren't really playing with their own aliens (non townie spawned aliens)... Or "pure" aliens, as this aging glitch doesn't happen to half aliens. 

Message 3 of 55 (15,423 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @SandiieTaco

Thank you for bringing this issue to the community. Maybe you and @Cmehnt can also add to this post?

It is to my knowledge that simgurus review the forum more often. Unfortunately, fix or patch hasn't been introduced yet, so we'll have to stick with it a bit longer.

Hope this helps, happy simming!

Message 4 of 55 (15,414 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah yes, I frequent  the sims forum often (I've also posted in that thread that was linked, and decided to bump this one up as well since it's of the same issue.)

The bug has been there for a very long time now, as the simmer (TheBlaireWitch) who created that topic has made several topics of this same issue since October-November 2015. The issue has not been fixed since. 

I'm right along with them, as I've had a few of my aliens get wonky due to it. It's upsetting. I hope they don't forget about them, since something like this can make CAS made aliens almost unplayable because they'd just revert to having weird "default alien" features again. 

Message 5 of 55 (15,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I thought this already had a thread.

Guess not. 

Moved to bug reporting and added

@Cmehnt @SandiieTaco @Phantomlover1717

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 55 (15,390 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for mentioning me! The bug has rendered my favorite family unplayable as my last save is on my alien Sims birthday.
Message 7 of 55 (15,312 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Alien Face changing on age-up

★ Apprentice

Eh. So i seached this subject for some time.  but there aint alot of topics with it. and alot of the topics seem already months old. this one is the newest i could find. I figured this bug out after playing with my alien sim for some time.
I wanted to try the aliens since they seem more special to me.
I Played for long time cus i got my settings on long life.... so finally she was gonna age up and i was really exited .. untill i noticed her face looked totally deffrent after her bday. i found it abit odd. but i kept playing abit more.. (+ saved the game) .. i got annoyed that her face looked so wierd .. so i went in change outfit to figure out what  the problem was.. and then i saw the face ._. IT WAS TOTALLY DEFFRENT .. i dont feel she look like herself anymore. and it makes me so sad, when i was so happy about her face.. (only the face changed for me.) i have seen people post that the body of their alien changed aswell.. I dont know but this bug seem to have been there for too long. and this is a bad bug. cus the fun part of the game is to see how your sim is getting older with the futures you made it with from the start! ..
Well..my Alien got a baby.. and now iam scared that the baby aint gonna look nothing like her parents cus of this stupid bug -.-' Thanks EA. Pls fix this problem. its really annoying and its a big bug!! - This bug is so bad.. It sucks out the fun of playing with Aliens... Confused .the aliens aint even gonna be special anymore cus the customization is not even gonna matter. It makes normal Simmers special.. cus attleast they keep their fitures.

I Deeply hope this bug is gonna be fixed soon! Or im gonna be so dissapointed.

Sorry if my English is messy. Standard smile Hope you guys will understand anyway.

Message 8 of 55 (15,288 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Alien Face changing on age-up

Hero

Make sure to click the me too button on the first page if you haven't done so.

This error does not have a lot me toos yet 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 55 (15,273 Views)