[OPEN] [GTW] Alien Face: Certain Body Parts Shrink/Randomise (Patch 1.94)

by gooochyeee

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Alien Face: Certain Body Parts Shrink/Randomise (Patch 1.94)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All Game Pack (execpt OR JTB) All Kits except morden menswear, fashion street kit, courtyard oasis, All stuff back execpt
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS- Make a Alien - Age them up, certain body parts change.
What happens when the bug occurs? omtimes the nose is smaller, somtimes the eyes are smaller etc
What do you expect to see? The sims face not changing apon age-up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshots: 

Message 1 of 8 (5,185 Views)

Re: [OPEN][GTW] Alien Face: Certain Body Parts Shrink/Randomise (Patch 1.94)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Here is a gif of a comparison I made of a human sim aging up from Teen to Young Adult and an alien sim aging up from Teen to Young Adult. They are not the same kind of changes, the human sim still look like themselves while the alien sim looks like a completely different sim. Please I'm begging you to fix this.

Edit: I have noticed though after these changes they don't change ever again when aging up to Adult and then Elder. But please, fix this, it shouldn't be such a dramatic change for aliens...

TS4_x64-2023-01-18-13-00-48.gif

Message 2 of 8 (4,561 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Alien Face: Certain Body Parts Shrink/Randomise (Patch 1.94)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

There are also problems with the ear presets for aliens, they're not tied between the ages, and one preset (number 2 in pictures below) is missing from child sims. It's also very common that the ears turn round upon aging up, even when an alien has pointy ears as a toddler and still has a pointy preset upon aging up.

The marked presets in the pictures below show how one of my aliens changed preset, from number 6 to number 4, when aging from toddler to child, despite preset number 6 existing for child aliens.

Alien toddler ears:

AlienEarsToddlerNumbered.png

Alien child ears:

AlienEarsChildNumbered.png

Alien teen ears:

AlienEarsTeenNumbered.png

Message 3 of 8 (3,891 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SqueamishNerd I think preset no2 bmissing ugs it out when aging form toddler-child and then also the face changing for teen-YA bugs it out for a second time.
Message 4 of 8 (3,875 Views)

★★★ Guide

For me, the only thing that is incorrect is the eye size. Everything else is scaled right, it's just the eye size for me (it gets bigger).

Message 5 of 8 (3,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve noticed the same issue myself. When you make an alien, click on a random eye preset. After that, age the alien down or up into a teen, adult, or elder, and their eyes will grow to be bigger once they age out of their YA state. 

Edit: I've added photos in order of teen, young adult, adult

Message 6 of 8 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've noticed I have had this issue with non occult sims since the teeth fix updates. Its like presets are not available for teens or something. It affects every sims I've tested so far. newly and previously made.
Message 7 of 8 (1,667 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available DLC.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a Sim who is any age and any gender that is an alien and customise their face (face must be customised for this bug to happen), then age this sim down to a teen. 2. Create a Sim who is a teen, YA or adult and change the eyes, age them up or down in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. What happens is that the chin will become narrower, the nose will shrink and the eyes will become larger when aging down to a teen from young adult, adult and elder. 2. Eyes will become larger when aging up or down from chosen life state.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to retain the changes made to their facial features when aged up and down in CAS. I should not see the facial features changing in size. I should see realistic changes. not entire facial features being shrunk, or increasing in size.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

young adult.png

Male sim as a young adult.

to adult.png

same male sim as an adult (note the eyes have increased in size as a result)

to teen.png

same sim again aged down from young adult to teen. (note how entire face changes)

youngadultfemale.png

same example sim but as a female sim

.to adultfemale.png

same female sim as an adult eyes have increased in size also!

to teenfemale.png

and to teen, same issue occurs as it did in a male sim.

Message 8 of 8 (865 Views)