Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Abducted males not getting pregnant

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1090
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Vampires and Werewolf and Growing up
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? save scientist when abducted and reload the game until he gets pregnant
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing
What do you expect to see? a pregnant male scientist
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My male scientists don't get pregnant anymore after the last patch (involving newborns). I always save when getting abducted. I usually need between 0 to 8 reloads before my scientist gets pregnant. Now they never get pregnant, not even after 25 reloads.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, added tag

Message 1 of 70 (11,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (GTW) Male sim gets abducted but no pregnancy

Hero

Alien fertility increased. Male Sims that are abducted by Aliens can now get pregnant.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 70 of 70 (6,148 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Abducted males not getting pregnant

★ Guide

Perhaps this is just a bad reroll/reload/luck? My male Sim got abducted by aliens no later than around 23 hours ago, and he did get pregnant from that. No mods, no CC, nothing. Granted, he wasn't a scientist but I'm not sure if that would change the outcome. Adding a screenshot of my terrified boy in his first trimester as proof.

Message 2 of 70 (11,345 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have reloaded the game exactly 23 times with my abducted scientist yesterday. Nothing happened. Same with other scientist since the new patch. But I'll check, I think I have an abducted non scientist abductee somewhere, will try and reload that one.

Message 3 of 70 (11,311 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't know before that reloading helped with the outcome - mine happened at random and rarely, even before the old patch about reducing the times of alien abductions altogether. My male "human" Sim got pregnant after the 6th abduction in general (and second in one gaming session). Perhaps yours there is just an unlucky guy? I'll hope for your worries to go away. Get that alien bag, sis 👽🙏

Message 4 of 70 (11,297 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have tried with a household with 1 male scientist and 2 young adults all being abducted at the same time. None of them got pregnant after 8 reloads. (didn't go for 20 this time, with the three of them, 8 reloads should be enough).

This is what I discovered about male scientist abductions and pregnancy:

The first signs of pregnancy occur exactly 2 hours after they return. They get a tummy ache. After exactly 24 hours after returning they know they're pregnant. They give birth exactly 5 days after the abduction and at exactly the same time they were abducted.

It was also easy getting a scientist pregnant: get him to the highest level as a scientist, call aliens and let him do something outside at 10 pm (super focused). If lucky they'd always be abducted at 10:10 pm, it also works when I let the Sim travel somewhere and come back before midnight.

As you can see I'm an expert at male scientists abductions and pregnancy LOL.

The only thing that has changed is that my 3 males were genetically engineered (new feature in "household"). My male Sim chose to have a genetically engineered baby as a single parent.

Now I will try and find an older file or a Sim created before the last patch and test again. If that works, the problem is linked with the new patch.

When did you find out your Sim was pregnant? Did you know after 2 hours or did you have to wait longer than that.

Message 5 of 70 (11,276 Views)

★ Guide

Whoa, you know so much for real, that's so cool!! Unfortunately, I don't think I have enough info to share that would be of value :^( I definitely waited longer to realise he's pregnant - there was an animation focusing on his stomach with these sparkles a few Sim-hours later but I didn't think of it much at the time. Believe it or not, I've never had a male Sim alien-pregnant so it was a bit of a shock ^^; However, the moodlet with a pacifier icon telling my Sim he must've 'ate something weird' indicating alien pregnancy was there at least day later for sure!!

I perhaps should clarify that while my game is up-to-date, the save was originally created in late December 2019. Perhaps this is why I get different results? But that would be odd, I keep updating the game like everyone else :^( Would you like me to make a new clean save and experiment with reloading a male scientist scenario to make sure? o:

Message 6 of 70 (11,237 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey ForanzoF that would be great if you could test it.

I've tried everything, old Sims, non scientists, scientists, nothing works. I'm really sad because I think it's cool my male Sims get pregnant by abduction LOL. Why else would we have abductions if nothing ever happens? Wink

Message 7 of 70 (11,192 Views)

★★★ Novice
@croc4854 Yes, my male sim has been abducted 9 times and no pregnancy, I’m giving up now, I really wanted an alien baby but I think it’s bugged right now
Message 8 of 70 (11,111 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I created some test sims and abused some cheats and was able to get a sim pregnant via abduction, it just took a while. 

Sim 1 was masculine-framed and set to "Becomes pregnant" for his pregnancy options. He showed as pregnant in MCCC after abduction number 2. He showed the morning sickness animation around 12 hours later. He didn't get the tummy ache moodlet until about 48 hours later.

Sim 2 was masculine-framed and set to "Get others pregnant" for his pregnancy options. He showed as pregnant in MCCC after abduction number 7.He showed the morning sickness animation almost a full 17 game hours later. He didn't get the tummy ache moodlet until about 36 hours later.

Sim 3 was masculine-framed and set to "Neither" for his pregnancy options. He died of heat exhaustion after abduction 11 and I felt that was a sign to stop torturing him. May he rest in peace.

Sim 4 was a copy of sim 3 and set to "Get others pregnant" for his pregnancy options.He showed as pregnant in MCCC after abduction number 2.He showed the morning sickness animation almost 4 game hours later. He didn't get the tummy ache moodlet until about 24 hours later.

Message 9 of 70 (11,057 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your tests RiahPayge. But it still proves male scientist abductees can't get pregnant. It sure isn't the aim to turn all our males into "can become pregnant".

Strange too that it took so long before the first signs of pregnancy showed. I tested some of my abductees for 48 SIM hours. Maybe I should try a little longer.

Back to testing then Wink

By the way, what cheats did you use?

Message 10 of 70 (11,033 Views)