Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GT] Walkbys on Windenburg Island

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Parenthood, Dine Out and Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a household that lives on Windenburg Island
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are constantly walking past my lot
What do you expect to see? The island used to be deserted, so no sims would walk by the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after I installed Seasons.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it has ruined my historical saves and I can no longer play them. There is a thread on the official forums about this as well. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943324/seasons-on-winderberg-island#latest

Message 1 of 10 (4,301 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [GT] Walkbys on Windenburg Island

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which non local Sim Townies would spawn in Windenburg’s Island, now named The Crumbling Isle.
○ As much as Windenburgians (Windenburgers? Windenburguese? Windenburglites?) love visitors from other worlds, they have voted them off the Island. Sorry, not sorry!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Seems it's still occurring. New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Walkbys-on-Windenburg-Island-Patch-1-63-133/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,924 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Walkbys on Windenburg Island

Hero
I'm not sure this can be qualified as a bug but I've seen the forum thread and know where you're coming from.

I'm going to tag this as needs input to see how many people are bothered by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (4,251 Views)

★ Apprentice
I made the thread, so yes I would really like something done about this as well! Thank you crinrict for tagging this so far.
Message 3 of 10 (4,202 Views)

Hero
It has already 4 me toos :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (4,188 Views)

Hero
Added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (4,156 Views)

★ Guide

I have had this problem for quite some time now. Let me know if you need anything for it.

Message 6 of 10 (2,875 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is an island in Windenburg? 

😯

Message 7 of 10 (2,858 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Walkbys on Windenburg Island

Champion

I actually prefer having walkby sims in the background in all neighbourhoods, including the Island. I doubt it’s a bug, because each neighbourhood has its own walkby director which lists allowed sims at each time of day. Each new pack also adds to the various types of walkby, such as vampire walkbys, Seasons holiday walkbys, fishing people walkbys, etc.

Message 8 of 10 (2,835 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Walkbys on Windenburg Island

★★★ Guide
@crinrict @Evie0602 I have always had Sims walking around the island, usually scouts. Not a bug
Message 9 of 10 (2,567 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [GT] Walkbys on Windenburg Island

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which non local Sim Townies would spawn in Windenburg’s Island, now named The Crumbling Isle.
○ As much as Windenburgians (Windenburgers? Windenburguese? Windenburglites?) love visitors from other worlds, they have voted them off the Island. Sorry, not sorry!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Seems it's still occurring. New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Walkbys-on-Windenburg-Island-Patch-1-63-133/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,925 Views)