by leozabotto

Original Post

[OPEN] [GT] 'To go' drink is not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to a Cafe; 2. Click on the Barista -> Order Drink -> To Go... 3. Select any drink. OR 1. Buy an Espresso Machine 2. Try to make a To Go drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims don't put the drink in their inventories, they drink it autonomously and this should not happen.
What do you expect to see? Sims putting the drink in their inventories to drink it later.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

NOTE 1: Discover University has a feature like that and it's working perfectly, as you can see in this example:

NOTE 2: This issue is happening only with Get Together interactions, both in the Cafe and in Espresso Machines (that we can bought in Buy Mode)

DEMONSTRATION 1: Café Venue

*As we can see in that example, the Café venue gameplay
is not in good condition too.

DEMONSTRATION 2: Espresso Machine

Message 1 of 24 (5,715 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GT] Drink for 'To go...' is not working properly

Community Manager (retired)

Did they used to put the drink in their inventories? Our design just specifies that they're supposed to arrive on the lot, order the food/drink, then leave the lot after receiving the order. It doesn't say anything about putting the drink in their inventory.

If you've seen Sims put the drinks in their inventories in the past, and think the behavior changed recently with a patch, we can investigate that. But if what you're seeing is how it's always worked, then I'm nearly positive this is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 24 (5,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
They used to do it *only* with 'To Go..' drinks and foods... But not even the put in inventory option appears anymore and the sims not leaves the lot after receiving the order.
Message 3 of 24 (5,538 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as needs input for now to see how many others have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (5,412 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick @crinrict I think I understand what they meant. In the past (not sure how long ago), an active sim ordering a “to go” coffee would put the drink in their inventory just as they’d do with “to go” snacks. Somewhere along the way this has been changed, now active sims treat the to-go cups the same as the dine-in ones; they’ll drink it right away in the shop. I didn’t test if the same is happening to the take-out snacks, though.

Message 5 of 24 (5,396 Views)

★★★ Guide

@samsam713 Yes, that is it!

Message 6 of 24 (5,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick @crinrict @samsam713

Look this:

When a Sim order a food to go, he pick it up and do an interaction like: **"Save food to go" (My game is in Portuguese, I don't know the name of this interaction in english) and the food appears in his inventory. This is what sould to happen with a drink to go too, like in the past. What is happening now is that the Sim drink it autonomously, and we can't put the drink in his inventory.

**The interaction name is: "Put away To Go Food".

Captura de Tela (9).png

Message 7 of 24 (5,188 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] 'To go' drink is not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict@SimGuruNick

Hello! I tested and the same issue happens here. When I go to get a Coffee To Go, the Sim instead of keeping it in the inventory he takes the drink and drink it autonomously. I remember that Get Together's cafe didn't do this before, the Sims should keep the drinks in their inventories, like To Go snacks.

Coffe To Go now looks like a Coffe For Here, and I have sure that is not should to happen.

Message 8 of 24 (5,144 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] 'To go' drink is not working properly

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Sims did not do this before, it's really a bug.

Message 9 of 24 (5,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick @crinrict I'm experiencing the same issue with my Sims 4 game and I'm sure that is not by design, I play Get Together since launch and To Go drinks worked exactly like @leozabotto says that should work:

The Sims order the To Go drink/food -> Bartender prepare it -> Sims pick it and Put away To Go drink/food (put in invetory to drink/eat later, like To Go drinks/foods in real life).

To Go foods is working perfectly, the problem is with the To Go drinks.

Message 10 of 24 (5,072 Views)