Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club Gathering)

by sleekoduck87

Original Post

Re: Sims leave work early

Hero
It's similar but this one was specific about club gatherings so I kinda left them separate.

But it's hard to know which one to post in, I agree.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 50 (1,408 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

★ Guide

Hi so I have had something similar happen today. My sim started a club gathering before work. I never got the so and so has work in an hour message so I forgot. It sent her to work and she reappeared within seconds. Issue is she did not technically reappear. The entire thing got messed up after that. I could not send her home, she just wasn't there at all. It was like she disappeared. I then tried to send her husband home but then he disappeared as well. Went to manage worlds and managed to reset them on the lot and send them home. She no longer had the option to go to work. She did go to work the next day no issues even on a separate lot, but it was odd either way.

I repaired my game last night before this happened and I moved my mods folder.

Message 22 of 50 (1,400 Views)

Re: Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

Hero

Hi @akl1226

moved your post over to the thread for this issue with club gathering

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 50 (1,378 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

EA Staff

Hi @akl1226

Are you still experiencing this issue? We have not able to reproduce it yet and we could use your saves.

If someone else is having this issue with club gatherings, please let us know!

Thanks!

Message 24 of 50 (1,325 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

Hero

@MapleSimmer Does this still happen for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 50 (1,240 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Sims leave work early after loading lot (Club is in a Gathering)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I’ll have to check. I usually avoid having my sims travel or quitting my game if sims are at work or school just to avoid it. I’ll try going on later and will report in after I’ve done so. 🙂

Message 26 of 50 (1,222 Views)

★★ Guide

This is happening for me.  With a club gathering in progress at the home lot, a save, exit and restart will bring sims home early from work or school.  Without the club gathering, they stay where they are supposed to be.

Version: 1.48.94.1020

EP: all except GF

GP: all

SP: Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen

Mods/cc: never used with this save

Save game available if still needed.

Message 27 of 50 (1,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm currently having this similar problem, but I think mine is different...

Every time I load the game from either a save or from one household to another, any Sim that was at work/school after saving and exiting will be at home while they are suppose to be at work/school. The weirder part is their portraits at the bottom left of the screen would still be whited out with the options to "Work Hard", "Socialize with Co-Workers", etc. as if they're actually at work/school, but I can not have the camera focus on the Sim. I would have to find them manually.

A work around I have found is having them leave work/school early just to be about to have full control of them or wait until their shifts are over. Of course, this ruins their performance and everything...

I have tried deleting the "localthumbcache.package" file from the Electronic Arts folder in Finder. I am still having the issue.

The only additional things I have is Holiday Celebration Pack and Get Together. I'm playing on a MacBook Pro 15 laptop. I use mods, but I tried this on another game file that doesn't use mods and the same thing occurs. This happens 100% of the time. I tried finding a solution, but it seems everyone else is experiencing this differently with different solutions. Can anyone help me out?

Message 28 of 50 (1,142 Views)

★ Guide

I have had this happen many times, and not only during Club Meetings.

1. It almost always happens on dates when the person on the date is part of a medium to large sized household (like Hugo Villareal).

2. It happens during parties if the party-goer has the day off and the event is during working/school hours for the rest of the household.

3. It happens during restaurant and museum outings.

4. None of this in my game was caused by saving while a club meeting is in progress or switching to CAS in the middle of an event. I never do those things.

Club meetings are definitely the worst culprits. I've gotten to the point where families NEVER go out because any time one does something, the rest of the family comes home. It has not happened since the update yesterday (maybe because I just didn't have a situation like that occur), but it did happen a few days ago when Bella Goth traveled to the Fashion District as part of her work-from-home job as a fashion consultant. (Mortimer left work early, but the kids stayed in class.) I don't have a screenshot, but it happened between 1/27/2019 and 1/30/2019. I always keep my game updated.

Message 29 of 50 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Similar issue here.  If I save whilst a child sim is at school and then restart the game she's home early and no option to send her back to school until the next day.  She also loses responsibility points too.  If I look at the household in the neighbourhood view it says she's at home.  No mods being used at all.

Message 30 of 50 (1,082 Views)