by bookmaster325

Original Post

[OPEN] [GT] Removed from Club Gathering for Inappropriate Behavior

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Toddler and Fitness SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This happens when participating in a group gathering of the Upper Crusts at any members' house beside your sim's lot. (Not sure if it happens with other groups)
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sim is treated as a guest during the gathering, so when your sim tries to do any of the activities associated with that group, the activity doesn't count and you'll get the "this is not appropriate" by the household members. (Extra note: My sim doesn't have the "always welcome" reward trait.) In my experience, my sim was transported to the Upper Crusts leader's home (to begin the gathering). My sim could talk to the other sims outside, perform whatever activities. The other sims in the group went inside and started cooking/eating/etc. My sim could only see them through the window but not enter. My sim could 'knock on door' to be let in. However, doing so essentially kicked my sim out of the gathering. The UI still said it was actively gathering, the other sims of the group were still in a group and performing actions, and my sim still had a desire to eat and cook (and the green thumb was still on the menu). However, if my sim would try to cook, nope...inappropriate and it would try to kick my sim out (I stopped it before it actually kicked my sim - barely once. Whew!) **including a screenshot from that first gathering. I also tried to restart the end and restart the gathering. No change. I tried to go to other members' houses, but it was the same experience. The only time the gathering worked as intended was at my sim's home lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to be let into the house to do/interact with the rest of the sims in the group, and gain points for the group accordingly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seems to have happened with the addition of Cats and Dogs expansion.

Screenshot of my sim being told off for performing action group members are doing. 11-12-17_12-30-27 AM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (4,993 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Removed from Club Gathering/Kicked Out for Inappropriate Behavio

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,885 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Removed from Club Gathering/Kicked Out for Inappropriate Behavio

★ Pro

@bookmaster325, yes, having an Upper Crust meeting can be stressful, lol.  I, too, have this problem but can offer you, and others, a workaround that will help that stress level somewhat.

You must become leader of the club so that you can adjust club activities.  You can leave the meeting at the Bjergsen home but add grilling and mixology to club activities.  There is a grill at the back of the lot and your sim won't be kicked out when it is used.  The sim will place the grilled food on the ground but I then just have him put it away.  Be sure you knock and enter prior to grilling so the house can be accessed with the grilled plate of food.

You will need to edit the lot to add a bar.  I put one of the portable bars out by the pool.  The sim is also able to interact with the bar without being ejected from the lot.

This doesn't solve not being able to cook in the house but at least it is a way to gain in both the cooking and mixology skills until EA fixes this issue.

Message 3 of 18 (4,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I know I could have just overthrown her, didn't want to (besides I was gathering glitch evidence at the time). Didn't stop me from making the group hate her, though.  She was almost constantly pissed the whole time. On top of that, I threw a wrench in to the Bjergsen's relationship, having a flirting session with Bjorn. 

Message 4 of 18 (4,855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I think I have a similar problem -- and it's been happening before Cats and Dogs!

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 

1. Form a Club with Sabotage. Myself, my club had all my Sim's enemies, and also included Clean and Repair. My Sim is finishing up the Public Enemy aspiration and wants his enemies to come to his household and electrocute themselves. Oh, and clean up the house while they're at it. :D

2. Wait for another Sim to say "this is not appropriate" to the other Sims (not sure if she will say it to yours.)

What happens when the bug occurs? Your Sim leaves the house as if it was an NPC Sim's lot. My guess is that, as another household Sim says "this is not appropriate" to sims in the club, this includes my own Sim. My sim doesn't have the "always welcome" reward trait.

Otherwise, same result as bookmaster325. I have not installed the Cats and Dogs expansion, but have been including the patches. This behavior also happened before Cats and Dogs was released.

1. I'll try adding the "always welcome" reward trait and see if that works around the problem. EDIT: Nope! Doesn't work.

2. Will now try removing free will from other members of household. EDIT: Nope! Doesn't work. Household sims still give the "this is not appropriate" behavior.

Message 5 of 18 (4,824 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sim Removed from Club Gathering for Inappropriate Behavior

★★★ Newbie

January 20th, 2018 and I can confirm it is NOT fixed. Just experienced this bug for the first time with my first sim on this computer ;(

Message 6 of 18 (4,789 Views)

Re: Sim Removed from Club Gathering for Inappropriate Behavior

Hero

@averyray128

moved your post to the new thread.

This was fixed at some point but it's back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (4,772 Views)

Cooking inappropriate, even though it's a club activity

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Liviing, Get Together, Pets, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join an Upper Crusts club gathering at the Light House. Start cooking (which is a club appropriate activity). I was making fruit salad.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets told off by the home owners for being inappropriate, if sim continues cooking it's kicked out of the house.
What do you expect to see? Expect to be able to cook without causing problems, as it's a club activity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm unsure if this has occurred before, but I just bought Vampires and Dine Out and I don't know if that's affecting anything. I've also updated and repaired my game, and I'm sitll getting the bug.

Message 8 of 18 (4,691 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Where's the new thread?
Message 9 of 18 (4,366 Views)

Hero
@vanishingspirit This one is but it's also very old. Do you see the exact issue OP is describing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (4,328 Views)