Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [GT] [ROM] Clubs don't use cauldron autonomously

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, All GPs, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Vintage Glam
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create club with use cauldron activity, the only club requirement is spell caster (although I tried without the requirement and bug still occurs), no banned activities
What happens when the bug occurs? Club activity "use cauldron" never performed during club gatherings. Sims never make potions (even if they have the ingredients and know the potion recipe) and they also never make chili or mac n cheese.
What do you expect to see? Club members should use cauldron during active gatherings
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since the release of the pack, the cauldron activity has not been working for any of my clubs. All mods and CC removed. I have tried multiple clubs and scenarios. There did not seem to be a fix for it in latest patch.

Message 1 of 15 (2,831 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] [ROM] Club Activities Not Working

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got this too, have the club gathering location at the Magic HQ. They won't go near the cauldrons or cast any spells, though not sure who they would cast them on.

It would be good if cauldrons worked, or they added one for Magical Training so they would train eachother if they could. Even duels.

Message 2 of 15 (2,738 Views)

★★★ Guide

For me they cast spells and practice just fine, the cauldron on the other hand is another story.

A magical club gathering is a good way to kill off spellcasters you don't like too. (Death by Overload). They seem to practice to the point of frying themselves and pay no attention to their charge levels nor autonomously discharge when needed if they have that perk.

Message 3 of 15 (2,721 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Interesting.  Mine usually gather at a pub.  Nothing works there.  No spells, and no cauldron use.  Although one of them gathered at a cafe recently (automatically, I didn't start that gathering), and a few of them seemed to be doing some spells.  But none of my clubs ever use the cauldron at any venue.  Which is a real bummer.  And yeah, I really wish they had a "Duel" activity, so we could set our clubs to duel with a rival coven or something.  

The potential club activities were one of the reasons I was most excited for RoM, but they fell kind of flat.  And the only two they did add still don't work for me.  

Message 4 of 15 (2,706 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For me, the Witches & Wizards Club (Veeeery personal name, duh) did actually cast spells on my HOME LOT. Or should I say, spell. They burned my garden to ground! 😭

I tried switching the activities to painting, but none other than my own sims would paint, I got a ton of easels in my basement and all are accessible by sims... 🤔 Why?

I’m on PS4, got this EP today.
No mods, no CC, nothing. Latest patch installed.

Ooh and my Sims 4 crashed as I was trying to get a screenshot... Hooray. 🤬

In screenshot, they actually followed ”go here together” order, but after that, nothing. Just stood there. 😜

Message 5 of 15 (2,533 Views)

Hero
@JamesBlock1996 Can you check if they use them if you either make everyone go down in the basement or move them to the ground floor ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’m open to ideas. Honestly, my next plan was to lock them all in the basement! But I have no space up stairs for easels... 🤔 I’ll try something.

Edit: Nope. Didn’t help. ☹️ I just want to make my sims some money, for s single trophy... Wasn’t it 10 millions? 🤔

Message 7 of 15 (2,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JamesBlock1996 I just tried painting a couple weeks ago and it worked fine on my game.

Could you test a different house/Save to see if you have the same issue there ?

If that doesn't work, please make a new thread for painting as this is for ROM activities 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’ll do that once I get back to PS4. Will let you know. 👍

Okay so it’s been a while, and honestly, I haven’t done any painting ever since. The club stuff seemed to work, I suppose, last I checked. 

Message 9 of 15 (2,442 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] [ROM] Club Activities Not Working

★★★ Apprentice

This issue is still present as of 11/13/20 after the 11/10 patch.  

Message 10 of 15 (2,050 Views)