Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GT] Mist/Bubbles forming on Floors above a Swimming Pool

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Looking at the steam from swiming pool vents
What happens when the bug occurs? Steam is showing like a mist on 2nd floor if a pool is underneath
What do you expect to see? No Mist
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest Patch 13th November 2020

Mist is showing on the floor of the room above a Swimming Pool if the Vents have been placed in the pool. Removing the Vents stops problem. This is a problem if the Pool is indoors or is under the floor of the Lot. Part of the Lot is over the Pool by design. This has only happened after the latest Update.

Kind regards James.

Message 1 of 35 (5,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pool: Steaming Ornaments don't work (only Bubbles, all of them)

Hero

Steam will no longer accumulate in rooms above indoor swimming pools, or natural pools, built with vents.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 35 (4,758 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mist forming on Floors above a Swimming Pool

Hero
Could you post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (5,870 Views)

★★ Guide

Screenshot attached.

Message 3 of 35 (5,854 Views)

Hero
Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (5,842 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm that I see this in my game as well.  Will add to our list.

Message 5 of 35 (5,805 Views)

Pool Steam Floats Upwards?

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Link to unlisted youtube video: https://youtu.be/IEBfp7YZrp4
What happens when the bug occurs? Pool steam floats upwards.
What do you expect to see? Pool steam remaining just above the pool as normal, and not flying off into the sun.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared with version 1.47.49.1020. Mods do not affect the bug.

Hello,

With the new patch, pool steam seems to float upwards instead of staying with the pool.

It happens on start up, and periodically throughout the game. The bug is not limited to one save and occurs on all pools with steam.

I tried disabling mods and it made no difference whether or not they were active.

Video evidence: https://youtu.be/IEBfp7YZrp4

Thank you,

Joss.

Message 6 of 35 (5,766 Views)

Re: Pool Steam Floats Upwards?

Hero
This looks like the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Mist-forming-on-Floors-above-a-Swimming-Pool/m-p/7167733

Do you agree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (5,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

Thanks for the speedy reply, it does seem to be the same issue as the steam stays on the upper floor.

Thank you again,

Joss.

Message 8 of 35 (5,754 Views)

Hero

I've merged your post then.

Thanks for your extra report @JossFraksey

Feel free to also click me too on the first post.. Shows how many have this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (5,746 Views)

The "bubble cloud" instantly goes up above the pool.

★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household which has a pool in their home. The pool is located in outside(backyard) or inside(1F pool). Make sure you've placed "Big bubbles and steam grate" to the bottom of the pool in build mode. Watch the pool closely.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bubble cloud suddenly appear and it goes up above the pool and vanish.
What do you expect to see? This "bubble cloud" should not appear above the pool. (Before GF, this cloud simply not appear above the pool, bubbles just disappear within the water surface)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

GF!!

Message 10 of 35 (5,684 Views)