[FIXED] [GT] Mist/Bubbles forming on Floors above a Swimming Pool

by MickRonson

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Mist/Bubbles forming on Floors above a Swimming Pool

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still happening after the 1.52.100.1020 patch and the installation of Island Living...I miss my mist!

Message 21 of 35 (2,121 Views)

the bubbles crack

★ Novice

So I've built a pool lot and have placed the item 'The Bubbles Crack' all throughout the pool itself and it's working fine but roughly every 15 minutes of in-game sims time the bubbles animation kind of... rises above the pool?  It sort of wooshes up into the air and then disappears and goes back to normal, only to do it again after another 15 sim minutes.  Is it my game or the lot specifically - so will the issue continue for anybody who downloads it from the gallery?  And is there anything I can do to fix it?

I've added a screenshot of it to try and help show what's happening - you can see the bubbles in the air above the pool in the red rectangle.

Message 22 of 35 (2,110 Views)

Re: the bubbles crack

Champion (Retired)

This is a known bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pool-Steaming-Ornaments-give-bubbles-instead-of-steam/m-p...

Please click Me Too on the first posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 23 of 35 (2,098 Views)

Bubble stream spawns above the pool instead of underwater

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a sim use the dive platform or when the sim enters a pool by jumping to it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bubbles FX doesn't spawn properly underwater but instead it shows up above the pool water, mking it kind of weird looking.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the bubbles form under where my sim, underwater and not above it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

07-11-19_7-40-48 PM.png

This looks super weird, the FX isn't showing in the right spot underwater. Sometimes is does, but often it won't. Sometimes it happens when sims jump onto the ocean too but less often there. It's more common to be missplaced in a pool.

Message 24 of 35 (2,101 Views)

Re: the bubbles crack

Hero
@Httddy7 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 35 (2,071 Views)

Re: Pool Steam Floats Upwards?

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict For me, I see the fog float up and away from the pool so there is no longer any steam settling on the top of the pool water. This only happens on ground level pools. Pools in a basement work fine with the steam settling on the top of the water, like it should.
Message 26 of 35 (1,835 Views)

★ Apprentice

me too having this issue still....

Message 27 of 35 (1,780 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MickRonson ya and they wast no time getting out need packs and charging $51.99 it is crazy they are using this game as a cash cow
Message 28 of 35 (1,776 Views)

Re: Pool: Steaming Ornaments don't work (only Bubbles, all of them)

Hero

Steam will no longer accumulate in rooms above indoor swimming pools, or natural pools, built with vents.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 35 (4,825 Views)

Hero
@Ur-NxT-1 Is anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 35 (1,611 Views)