Re: [OPEN] [GT] DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@simvasionsuch an old bug, DJ booth has to dry off before it can work so the first time it unhides from the rain it don't work, but keep in mind just because you don't see it raining don't mean its not raining . DJ booth will go off during the transition from cloudy to rain. Keep in mind keep an eye on the temperature if its cold or cool the temperature is not hot enough to dry the DJ both off after it came out in the rain. Also if you take kids to the venue the bar will not be there, because bars are for adults only.  Edit: I had the DJ player spawn in the Summer with snow on it.  It made me laugh.

Message 41 of 49 (886 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GT] DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

★ Novice

Same issue for ne after I started a club gathering at ancient ruins in the rain, now my DJ booth is broken and when I click to repair I get the option but hours go buy without it reaching 'fixed'. I've been back several times in all weathers, nothing helps

Message 42 of 49 (827 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it's still happening for me, also. Will we ever get a fix for this? In one location I was able to set up an alternate covered speaker but it's not an option everywhere. Thank you.

Message 43 of 49 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It seems the bug is still there. Today I organized a dance party in Ancient Ruins and the default DJ booth did not work either (there was a choice “use” but my Sim could not do anything, neither the DJ could perform and the machine does not seem to be broken). I bought another DJ booth and there was no such issue, unfortunately it was only possible for it to be placed on a very distant point so nobody preferred dancing instead of hanging around the bar... *smh*

Message 44 of 49 (678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Still have this problem in my game. DJ booth is not usable - even when it's not raining. A workaround for this would be for the sim organizing the party to have a portable DJ booth in their inventory that can be placed on the ground. The DJ will then use it. Won't help much if you get invited though, unless you keep the booth in all of your sims inventories...

Edit: I want to add that it's saddening to see this not fixed. GT parties were such a big thing in my game when the pack game out.

Message 45 of 49 (601 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Does anybody know a mod that fixes this issue? Seems it won’t get a fix.

Message 46 of 49 (510 Views)

Re: "Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

★★ Apprentice

Thanks so much @Sid1701d9 Your method worked to fix the DJ Booth at the Ruins! I can't believe this is still happening in 2022.

Message 47 of 49 (419 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's November 2023, and the bug is still there,

Why don't developers just add a tent or cover???

I'm going to try T.O.O.L. by TwistedMexi and see if I can add a cover that way

When the mod is needed to fix the original game Wondering

Message 48 of 49 (244 Views)

★ Guide

It's now March of 2024 and this bug is still happening, they seriously just need to make dj booths not break in bad weather, there problem solved.

Message 49 of 49 (109 Views)