Re: "Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

by StarryMight

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

Electronics not working during rain is not what the OP is reporting as a bug.

The bug is the DJ booth becoming permanently broken.

During a dance party, when it rains, the DJ booth at the dance party can become permanently broken by the rain, because it's supposed to be an unbreakable object (for dance party events) and cannot be repaired, even when the rain is gone and the dance party is happening on a sunny day.

It happens in my game too. I had to work around it by creating a mod that lets me reset the DJ booth's repair status.

Message 21 of 49 (1,456 Views)

Hero

Hi @LaPond 

after Simvasions comment, I actually found an existing thread for this.

I've merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 49 (1,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@simvasion

Let me also correct something, I said earlier in a previous statement that says GTW I meant GT though two packs are so close together.

If you use the weather machine it speeds up the clouds and it rains really fast, if you let it go from Sunny to rain, it will start with light rain as clouds move in which is not visible all graphics setting or all graphics cards.  The light rain starts as a drizzle as the clouds move in and if the sun is still low enough in sky the sun will still shine which even makes it harder to see the drizzle falling as the transition goes from Sunny to Rain.  The drizzle or sprinkle itself don't leave any evidence on the group, if you look closely in the direction away from the sun you can see a rainbow forming as it begins to increase the rate.

It didn't show on my GTX 660 graphics card, but it shows on my GTX 1060 card.

Edit: Also Yes its on other lots.

Edit2: Any electronic is made unusable during the transition from Sunny to rain or from cloudy to rain.  Look for Rainbows they are beautiful in the Sims 4

Message 23 of 49 (1,427 Views)

Champion

@Sid1701d9 wrote:

@simvasion

Let me also correct something, I said earlier in a previous statement that says GTW I meant GT though two packs are so close together.

If you use the weather machine it speeds up the clouds and it rans really fast, if you let it go from Sunny to rain, it will start with light rain as clouds move in which is not visible all graphics setting or all graphics cards.  The light rain starts as a drizzle as the clouds move in and if the sun is still low enough in sky the sun will still shine which even makes it harder to see the drizzle falling as the transition goes from Sunny to Rain.  The drizzle or sprinkle itself don't leave any evidence on the group, if you look closely in the direction away from the sun you can see a rainbow forming as it begins to increase the rate.

It didn't show on my GTX 660 graphics card, but it shows on my GTX 1060 card.

Edit: Also Yes its on other lots.

This is completely irrelevant to this thread and bug.

The DJ booth at dance party sites remains broken on completely sunny days with no rain at all, after being broken previously on a day when there was rain. The bug is that it doesn't auto-repair for the next dance party.

Other electronics like the computers at GeekCon that get broken during the rain work again the next time the festival spawns. The special DJ booths at dance parties should work this way too, but they don't.

Message 24 of 49 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

How can you say this is a completely irrelevant to this thread when I went to a dance party at the ruins or the ancient bluffs its dark can you actually see it start raining, I was wondering why everyone was standing around and I clicked on the DJ Both and it said it was raining, but the stars where out but, I noticed something shimmering in the moonlight and guess what it was a rain drop as the transition was happening in the middle of the night. The sims only react to downpours which followed within 30 minutes to 1 hour. I tried it in the daylight at the Bluff and same thing. So don't tell me the this is completely irrelevant to this thread and bug.

Message 25 of 49 (1,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

The bug is about **afterwards** when it isn't raining. The booth is permanently broken, no matter what the weather is. This is not about invisible rain and electronics not working in the rain - that's normal.

The rain is the cause of the booth breaking, but the bug is: there is no autorepair of the DJ booth afterwards.

It stays broken forever, on sunny days, in summer, in winter, after 300 dance parties, years passing, it's broken and never fixes itself and cannot be manually fixed.

Message 26 of 49 (1,399 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Ok, I am checking, I think it might have to do with the DJ booth disappearing when its raining after you leave the lot after dance party and it will reappear on a Sunny Day but its still thinks its raining.
Message 27 of 49 (1,385 Views)

Champion
You don't have to guess what the problem is, I already looked at the code and worked out that the DJ party booth that hides and unhides for dance parties is set to be "unbreakable" but the rain actually does break it and the game doesn't know how to fix it.
Message 28 of 49 (1,379 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@simvasion : Hmm, so that's what's actually at issue here? Thanks for the info.

Message 29 of 49 (1,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The issue is that you can't repair the DJ Booth that spawns at the lot once it's broken.

So it spawns, breaks in the rain and you have no option to repair it. After respawning on another day, it's still broken - no matter if it's sunny or raining or whatever seasons.

It should respawn repaired or there should be an option that you can manually repair it yourself .. hence it's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 49 (1,351 Views)