Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [GT] DJ Booths Remain On After Use

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim play a genre on a DJ booth and then cancel the interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? The DJ booth will seem to remain on, this includes its plasma display and particle-generators, if installed. Also, Sims will still be able to "Watch" and "Dance" to it, even though no one is manning it. However, the music does at least stop.
What do you expect to see? The DJ booth fully turning off when a Sim stops using it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems to mainly happen when first loading a save followed by pulling out one of the two DJ booths that is able to be stored in a Sim's inventory and using it. Should you then travel to another lot and return, the DJ booth will tend to work perfectly then (even when placing and removing it from your Sim's inventory), however, if you bring the booth with you to another lot and use it there, it would just end up remaining on again after your Sim is finished using it. The same goes for when saving, exiting and reloading, which can also cause formerly working DJ booths to remain on when no Sim is using them.

And yes, I have tried a game repair as well as a new game, nothing worked.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,497 Views)

Re: [GT] DJ Booths Remain On After Use

Hero
@MrMig57 Tested this but can't duplicate but seems some other folks have this as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,428 Views)

Re: [GT] DJ Booths Remain On After Use

★★★ Apprentice

I see this happening with stationary DJ booths in clubs sometimes. This bug exists since at least 1 year or more. When the DJ leaves the Lot, the DJ booth stays active (the lights), no music is playing. People still dancing but you can't turn on the radio function because the object is "in use". Have to reset object to fix it.

It also happens when you try to talk to a DJ while he is playing music. On rare occasions, when another DJ comes to take over a booth that is stuck, it will play radio songs on top of the DJ songs.

Message 3 of 8 (2,362 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] DJ Booths Remain On After Use

★★★★ Novice

Has there been any fix for this? I have a dj booth in an off-grid build and suspect that it’s using power even though it’s not manned. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've continued to have this problem too! I like to go to nightclubs with my sims but the DJ booth has still not been fixed. The DJ booths remain on after use, just without the music and the Sim playing behind it. Like to see a fix soon, and hopefully for some other recreational objects such as dart boards (if a dart goes out of the scoring circle, darts will duplicate on the outer circle for each remaining dart in the round), ping pong tables (NPCS only play against you and not others), and bowling lanes (game slows down when Sims are talking).

Message 5 of 8 (1,920 Views)

Champion

I've got this happening too on Xbox Series S. I've got a Sim practising to be a DJ in her home studio and the decks can't be turned off. But if you select it and try to choose "Dance" it's greyed out and says you can't dance as no songs are playing...except a song is playing. If I move it into the inventory then place it back in the house it's switched off.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 6 of 8 (1,735 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] [GT] DJ Booths Remain On After Use

★★★★★ Expert
I have this one too. My sim were practicing DJ skill at their home, and after canceling the action the booth stayed on.
Message 7 of 8 (1,682 Views)

Rif.: [OPEN] [GT] DJ Booths Remain On After Use

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

Same for me, it is annoying and only turns off when you exit the game and reload.

Why do these problems not get fixed. Are E.A. aware or just not bothered as long as we keep spending money.

Kind regards James.

Message 8 of 8 (911 Views)