Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [GT] Completed Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create and complete a "Party Hardy" custom mix on the DJ booth.
What happens when the bug occurs? After naming the mix, it does not appear for playing on the DJ booth under custom mixes and cannot be selected to be sent for licensing.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the completed Party Hardy mix to be saved to the DJ booth so that my sim can play it and also for it to be able to be sent for licensing on the mailbox for royalties, just like every other genre of custom mix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This custom mix on the DJ booth doesn't work. Unlike other custom mix types, it "disappears" after being completed and can't be licenced or performed on the DJ booth.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 6 of 14 (3,161 Views)

[OPEN] [GT] Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Issue

When my sim creates a Party Hardy custom mix, after they've finished it and named it, they are both unable to play it on their DJ booth and License it through their mailbox. The custom mix effectively disappears. This does not happen with any of the other custom mix types.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Created a Party Hardy Custom Mix with the Quantum Retro DJ Booth. Was replicated on the “Turn-Table-Top Tote” DJ Booth after restarting the game.

Where does the bug occur?

As it would be time consuming to attempt to replicate this bug, I am hoping that someone else could confirm that this is happening to them as well.

Mods/CC

I do not have any mods or custom content, nor have I ever installed any.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I own both the Get to Work and Get Together expansion packs.

Occurring since

This was the first time I've attempted to create Custom Mixes, so I am uncertain if a recent patch has caused this issue.

Operating system

I am running the game on Windows 10 Home, 64 bit.

Message 1 of 14 (3,461 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

Hero

Easy to reproduce

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,422 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

Champion

Me too.

I just had this exact same thing as described happen to me. Created a "Party Hardy" custom mix, completed it after many hours of sim time and then was asked to name it. Afterwards, I could not find it listed under my list of saved custom mixes on the DJ booth and could not send it for licensing. It was as if it never existed.

Message 3 of 14 (3,347 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

★★★ Guide

I can see the same issue here.

Message 4 of 14 (3,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you create a new thread ? This one is old and doesn't use the template.

Thanks

Merged with new thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (3,144 Views)

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (3,047 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Completed Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

Champion
After watching an old Let's Play on YouTube from when Get Together released and seeing that the Party Hardy mixtape has been broken since launch of the expansion pack, I decided to see if I could make a mod to fix it.

It is actually quite a simple fix - in the Music Styles tuning file for DJ mixes, it lists five styles as valid for playing on the DJ booth and Licensing Songs. But there are SIX styles - the one for Party Hardy is missing from the list of valid styles.

After adding in the line for the Party Hardy mix, everything works as it should. I could click on the DJ booth and play my Party Hardy song and also licence it on the mailbox.

I didn't even have to make a new one - the one I'd made and named ages ago was there - so it DID get created and save properly. It only seemed to disappear from existence because it was never properly defined to ever be visible.

To help the SimGurus with a fix, the file containing the error is tuning ID 125968 (musicStyle_DJBooth_Written) and it's missing the reference to the Party Hardy music track (tuning ID 129665 musicTrack_DJBooth_Written_Play_06).
Message 8 of 14 (2,971 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Completed Party Hardy Custom Mix Not Saving

★★★ Novice

This is so great, thank you! I just encountered this problem this morning, which led me here. I hope they fix it soon.

Message 9 of 14 (2,926 Views)

Party Hardy Custom Mix is not Showing in the DJ Booth and Licensing

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except my first pet and laundry day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish making a party hardy custom mix with any dj booth and try to either play it or license it.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's missing from both options.
What do you expect to see? Being able to play and license it just like any other custom mix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I believe this bug has been reported for more than half a year and yet there is no response or fix from the EA developer themselves which is rather frustrating.

Message 10 of 14 (2,828 Views)