[NEEDS SAVES] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

★★★★ Expert

This isn't the exact same thing, but close!

My Sim (and I) started a Singles club with the requirement that members be Young Adults and Single, because he was looking for a spouse.  We then added random townies that were, you know, YA and Single.  Well, he found a spouse because of the club and married! so he was removed from the club because he no longer meets the requirements, but is still considered the leader. 

He does NOT have the Leader of the Pack trait, and my Sim in a different save did something similar and was removed properly and a new leader chosen, so... *shrug*?

When his cousin wanted to use the club to meet a spouse we couldn't kick out the noncommittal or hates children townies (lol!) to make room for members more suitable to his needs because the club is leaderless, so we abandoned it and started a new one. 

Message 21 of 31 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is how I have dealt with club leaders aging out but remaining leader:

Perform 'praise club leader' to a club member to find out who the leader sim is. Ensure that that leader lives in the world, and then go visit them with the sim you want to become leader. Become friends. The 'ask to step down as leader' interaction became available, even though the leader is not listed as a member in the club window. The old leader refused to step down when they were just acquaintances with the new leader, but accepted when they were friends, and the new leader was able to take over and start managing the club as normal.

Message 22 of 31 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Authorgirl2this only works if the current leader doesn't have the "natural leader" trait, or if they do then the sim you send to take over needs to have it too, otherwise the game won't let you dethrone the old leader. But when the current leader is dead the only way to fix it is with mods, which sucks for the console peeps.

EDIT: Natural leader is an aspiration trait that you can only get (without cheating) by becoming the leader of a club.

Message 23 of 31 (943 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheSteelRodent "EDIT: I found a save old enough that my club leader was still alive, but still too old to be a member. It correctly shows her as not a member of the club and that she doesn't qualify, but it still considers her the leader and shows no other leader. I can also still access the club settings with her and have the option to kick members out, BUT as soon as I click the checkmark to close the window, the game locks up with the spinning load/save circle in the middle of the screen."

This is exactly what I get! Xbox One
Message 24 of 31 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issue with any age restricted club 

Specifically the pre made children only club, Edla Bjergsten is young adult now and still leader. I had my sim kid as her to step down but she got all offended saying it's her club. In the same save some adults ate in powerhouse, thay one has been updating leaders after they passed no issue. So I assume its related to age requirements being bugged

Message 25 of 31 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Could have sworn I replied to this but cant see it huh

If they die it gets re assigned for me (unless there was an age limit, had Elsa die before and still be leader but other clubs leaders change)

Running into that with the League of Adventurers & any own club for children i make. I had an occult kids club and my teen couldn't even resign from it so i had to delete the club and re-make it with an npc.

Also tried asking Elsa to step down in a save where shes an adult countless times but she gets offended bc it's her club Edit: I can now see my other reply, so see this as an addition about aged up leaders being unable to quit
Message 26 of 31 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 27 of 31 (2,899 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello Everyone!

We are unable to reproduce this bug on our end.

If any of you are still encountering this issue on latest game version without mods and you are willing to share your save file kindly go through this post for instructions to share the file link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-Club-leader-is-too-old-or-dead-they-re-still-the-leade...

Thanks!

Message 28 of 31 (347 Views)

★★ Guide
@Authorgirl2 This doesn't work. In my case, teen club, sim leader aged up to young adult. The members see her as club leader but when you go to her in the household files, she is not in the club so you can't ask her to leave or try to overthrow her b/c she's not showing the leader on her end.
Message 29 of 31 (282 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheSimsDirect I have just had this issue become a problem as of 9/29/2023.
Message 30 of 31 (281 Views)