[NEEDS SAVES] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

★★★★ Guide

This is likely the inability for club to find new leader at the time the old leader becomes unqualified.  I remember watching this a while back, club leader die game looks to promote leader member of club to new leader, new leader unavailable, do to witness of Death, on a active work lot or working or at school.  I also notice clubs won't promote a leader during the process of aging, or if a sim is pregnant and or in labor.  Once one of the sims in the group meet the requirements of leader, they will be given the crown and the old leader will be removed.

Message 11 of 31 (1,471 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

★★★ Novice

This seems to only happen to me when my club has an age restriction (other than Elder). 

When the club leader ages, they remain the leader for some reason. If they die, they you can't find them to overthrow them.

I was able to fix it using a mod "Club Utils" by Scumbumbo. It allows you to manually set a leader without having to find and overthrow the current one. Hope that helps! 

Message 12 of 31 (1,415 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

same issue, townie kids aged out of my children only club, when my sim joined the club was empty, my sim child was able to join an empty club and add his friends, after that the club refused to acknowledge him as leader, doesnt show anyone as leader, not even a ghost. 

Message 13 of 31 (1,396 Views)

Club Glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Club leader no longer meets club requirements and then dies but is still the club leader.
What happens when the bug occurs? Club leader no longer meets club requirements and then dies but is still considered the club leader so I cannot change anything about the club or kick anyone out.
What do you expect to see? Ability to be able to make changes to club and make new club leader.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim no longer met the clubs requirements (age requirement) because of her age and I didn’t notice anything was wrong with the club because I stopped having them go. After they died, I tried to have someone else take over the club but the club leader was still my dead sim, and on top of that she would be the one to call my new sim up on the phone and tell my new sim that the club was meeting up. But when my new sim got there the dead sim would not be there and so I could not ask anyone to step down as leader. It would be really helpful to be able to have an option to change club settings (i.e. be able to change club leaders, requirements, meeting spots, etc) from the main menu. 

Message 14 of 31 (1,284 Views)

Game freezes in attemt to disband club

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.29.80.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, except Eco Lifestyle ; All Game Packs except Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure; Stuff Packs: Moschino, My 1st Pet, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Free Stuff: Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose "Join Club" In club list, select info icon for club Select trash icon to disband club Confirm
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes with perpetual loading icon. Cannot back out or pull up game menu. Only way to get game running is to pull up xbox menu and force quit game from there, then restart.
What do you expect to see? The club should disband and disappear from the club list
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My child sim forgot to change the requirements of the club she created before aging into a teen, so she was booted from her own club. I thought she could still change them through the info panels available in the overall club list,  but anytime I tried to remove the requirements, the game froze, so I tried disbanding the group instead, but the game still freezes. I know I've been able to disband a group before, so something must be bugging out.

Message 15 of 31 (1,376 Views)

Re: Game freezes in attemt to disband club

Hero
@BubblgumBlitz Guess that's related to this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-Club-leader-is-too-old-or-dead-they-re-still-the-leade...

The Sim should have been removed as club leader but wasn't leading to issues.

Can you disband other clubs fine or is it now an issue with all clubs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It would seem so. League of Adventurers, lead by Elsa Bjergsen, is also having the same issue. Elsa is still marked as the leader, despite being too old for the group, yet cannot disband or change requirements in the group without game freezing.

I can in fact start and disband new clubs. I was just attached to the name of the club my sim created and wanted the perks she invested club points into. 

I was eventually able to disband the group by going to manage worlds, playing a family of a current member, and removing everyone from the club, disbanding it by default, so at least my teen can remake her club... just without the perks she had earned previously.  🙄🤭😤

Message 17 of 31 (1,276 Views)

Hero
@BubblgumBlitz Were you playing the leader at the time it aged up ? I tried to duplicate the issue by making a club and then aging up a child but the child was removed fine as club leader.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 31 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've got another entry for this: I've got a club with "vampire" as member requirement, but the leader was cured for vampirism. In every other way the problem manifests the same as if they were dead - except she's still alive. I tried to get her to tell another member that she's resigning, but it's not available. I can however tell her to kick members from the club.

Message 19 of 31 (1,140 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Could you create a new thread for the vampire for this ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 31 (1,103 Views)