Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all available DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up any club with age requirements, in my case elder and anyone younger than teens are not allowed. Play any member of the club that is in a different household than the current leader.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the leader sim age up and no longer fulfil the age criteria of the club, they will no longer show as a member, but they will still be considered the leader by the game (as proven by any interaction concerning the leadership). Then when the leader dies (in my case of old age, but probably doesn't matter how they die) leadership is still not handed over and the game still tells me they're in charge, but there is now no in-game mechanic to remove the leader as the sim is no longer in the world. If the leader is still alive, but too old to be a member of the club, you can switch to their household (as long as they're in the world still), but the club status will still not update until you select them.
What do you expect to see? When any sim no longer fulfils the requirement of a club, they should be removed from the club completely, no matter if they're in the active family or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been going on for a while, definitely since July for sure, but I used to be able to get around the bug by switching to the leader's household. Now that I have a leader that is literally dead, it is a problem because there is no way to remove them from the club and I cannot change any club settings, can't change the hangout, can't kick anyone out, and so on. I now have 2 clubs with this problem. Basically the clubs have no leader, but the game thinks they do. This is even more annoying than all the clubs that disappear because the game won't on its own add members to clubs that aren't played (why are townies not allowed to be clubmembers?).

All my clubs with age restrictions were made long ago, and the oldest right after the Get Together DLC came out, so it's been up and down with issues from one patch after the other.

The automatic leadership change used to work, at least after it was fixed 2-3 years ago, but not entirely sure exactly when it stopped working (again).

Since the automation clearly isn't reliable and too easy to break, the game seriously needs a way for players to manually edit the clubs, similar to the family editing in manage worlds.

As far as I can tell from scattered testing, the game only kicks leaders out of the clubs and hand over the leadership if the leader is the active sim in the active family. In any other case it will only remove them from the roster, but they're still considered the leader.

EDIT: I found a save old enough that my club leader was still alive, but still too old to be a member. It correctly shows her as not a member of the club and that she doesn't qualify, but it still considers her the leader and shows no other leader. I can also still access the club settings with her and have the option to kick members out, BUT as soon as I click the checkmark to close the window, the game locks up with the spinning load/save circle in the middle of the screen.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 31 (9,369 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 27 of 31 (2,899 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

★★★ Guide

I think I've found part of what caused this issue. The leader (Abella) has the "natural leader" trait from the "leader of the pack" aspiration, which no other sim in town has. Although she should still be removed as leader when she no longer qualifies for the club, it would seem this trait check causes her to remain as leader.

sims4 leader bug.jpg

But playing Abella, I also don't have the option to resign as leader because the game doesn't think she's even in the club, but I can still talk about the club with members of it, which will tell me that Abella is the leader.

In this case where the leader is still alive, I was able to cheat and give the other girl (Eliza) the Natural Leader trait and convince Abella to step down. But I have yet to find a workaround for my games where she is dead (I always use existing saves to start new families to preserve the old family lines, so all my families have their own saves which are branched off from the original family I played).

Message 2 of 31 (9,279 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

★★ Guide

I had a similar problem when a child sim club-leader aged out of a child-only club; it's an OLD bug/problem.  If you're willing to use mods, google for "Scumbumbo's Club Mod" --it's over at MTS.  Save the game, d/l & use the mod to fix change your club leader, save after your change is made, and then remove the mod.  Leader will still be fixed.

I keep that mod in my Electronic Arts folder where it remains unactivated/unused, in case I ever need it again.  It wasn't technically 'up-to-date' when I used it--maybe a year ago?--but it worked just fine and didn't screw up my game at all.  Use and remove!

Of course, it'd be better if the problem gets fixed, but it hasn't yet?--and it sounds like the same problem I've had since GT came out.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 3 of 31 (9,232 Views)

No leader in my clubs

★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make own club
What happens when the bug occurs? Canot change club settings
What do you expect to see? Se any leader of clubs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Idk if anyone else has experienced this but for example if I have a club with certain requirements and the leader of the club no longer meets those requirements, he is removed from the club and the club no longer has a leader. But in actuality he is still the leader because I can have another Sim approach him after the fact and ask him can he step down. Then that person will be leader and will get the little crown symbol.

Problem is I have a lot of clubs and don't remember who the leaders were so I can't go up to that Sim and ask them to step down. It's very frustrating because now I can't make any changes to the clubs.

Message 4 of 31 (9,167 Views)

Re: No leader in my clubs

Hero
@pessyl92 Merged this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (9,132 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi where is the merged thread? I'm having this same problem now, thanks in advance you wonderful person.
Message 6 of 31 (9,123 Views)

Hero
@therhythmicbabe This thread you posted in :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (9,114 Views)
Highlighted

Removed owner of a club can attempt to modify club, freezing the game

★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Vintage Glamour Life, Bowling Night Stuff, Parenthood, Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create the club 2. Set requirements (in my case it was financial status) and invite members 3. Stop fulfilling requirements 4. Go to Clubs -> Join clubs 5. Click Info button on your former club 6. Remove the requirement
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try to leave, the game freezes and the only way to fix it is restarting the game.
What do you expect to see? I wish club owner would be informed and get the option to remove the requirement rather than be booted out of own club, or they should be able to do it afterwards but without freezing, or in worst case there should be no option and no game freeze.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim got removed from her own club.

I've noticed I am still able to remove requirements from the club browser.

Doing so and confirming the changes freezes the club window, and in the result, the game. Pressing Escape allows to quit/save and quit but the game crashes when you attempt to do so.

Used mods previously but uninstalled them and cleaned the cache for testing.

Message 8 of 31 (9,063 Views)

Re: Removed owner of a club can attempt to modify club, freezing the game

[ Edited ]
Hero

@theselse Merging this with the club leader too old/dead issue. You're symptoms are a bit different cause you're trying to remove the requirement but the core issue is still a leader that can't really be leader for various reasons.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (9,055 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Club leader is too old or dead, they're still the leader

★ Novice
@TheSteelRodent I have this problem with a club where one of the requirements is not married, when the club leader got married, the leader role was not reassigned even though they are no longer in the club.
Message 10 of 31 (8,963 Views)