[FIXED] [GRO] Teens change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

by furdypurple

Original Post

Re: Growing together face change- different than reported issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

One of my sims did and the other didn't. Someone on Reddit pointed out that they noticed the faces are changing as children which I wasn't paying attention to but the faces changed in the exact same way so I bet my sim's faces changed as kids too. It must be related to the kid change issue, but my sims have never turned black at all, and only parts of their faces change instead of the whole thing. 

Edit to add: Both that it's happened to have lost teeth, but only one had a loose tooth when he aged up (the sim pictured). After exiting CAS he didn't glitch out further. 

Message 101 of 142 (3,121 Views)

Re: Growing together face change- different than reported issue

Hero
@bfvanvlymen I'm merging your post to avoid confusion. If you think it's related to the children, best to also post in the children thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 142 (2,385 Views)

Teen appearance changing...NOT related to loose tooth

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except for High School. All game packs except for wedding stories. All stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea...this is bizarre. I just resumed my game and it happened. I haven't had it happen before. Just start the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? My teenager's skin suddenly changed, so did her hair, then I exited and came back in without saving, and it changed to something different. Teenager is currently at school.
What do you expect to see? My teenager staying the same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I ran a search to see if there were similar issues, and while there are some, they usually resulted from being in CAS, and this one isn't.  My teenage daughter sim is at school.  Her father is Salim Benali.  Her skin tone is the darkest EA offers (and isn't normally) and the first time I logged in, her hair had gone rainbow, then it's red (which it was before) and short, the 3rd time it's long and red...so it changes each time I enter the game but I'm not saving it (4th time it's long, straight and red vs ponytail).  Her clothing seems to be changing as well.  No one else's clothes are changing, nor their skin, or hair.  Pics attached are just 2 changes.

Save file:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rw0Jq4TE6TOF0cobRq1oG2NFAbKowL71/view?usp=sharing

Message 103 of 142 (2,360 Views)

Re: Still Void Skin -CC Removed

Hero
@georgiebear87 Is that a teen that had a loose tooth as a child ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 142 (1,895 Views)

Re: Teen appearance changing...NOT related to loose tooth

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CathieCMR I checked your Sim and she does have the loose tooth moodlets that cause this (hidden).

Seems it just took longer for the symptoms to show as for others.

I merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 105 of 142 (2,340 Views)

Re: Sim's skin is pitch black in live mode but not in CAS

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 106 of 142 (2,300 Views)

Sims keep changing appearance??

★★★ Newbie

I installed and have been playing Growing Together for 2 days. My teen sim keeps changing appearance completely without my control. Skin, hair, clothes all changed drastically. I've gone into CAS and adjusted her back to what she looked like before and as soon as I save it, she looks completely different. She had a loose tooth, and I've seen things about them changing appearance after they lose the tooth, but she lost a tooth as a child and this didn't happen. I've even checked to see if this is a "phase" 

Please help

Message 107 of 142 (2,219 Views)

Re: Sims keep changing appearance??

★★★ Newbie

following this keeps happening to me ever since i got the new growing together game. I dont even want to play anymore because every time i create a family and i get to the teen stage they change!

Message 108 of 142 (2,185 Views)

Re: Sim's skin is pitch black in live mode but not in CAS

★★★ Newbie

Mine did the same thing. I'm going to be very upset if I lost all my progress with my daughter in her child stage. 

Message 109 of 142 (2,208 Views)

Bug/Glitch dressing my Sim

★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe Dressing Sims on the Sims 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 22/03/2023
Summarize your bug I went to dress my Sim by plan outfit and I finished it and the colour of the sim, outfit has completely changed and no hair. Went back into Plan outfit and that is not how I dressed my sim.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By dressing your sim by planning your outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything with the sim completely changes
What do you expect to see? That when I do dress my sim that everything stays the same and do not have to redress the sim again.

I have a youtube video showing what happened to my sim.

I was planning my outfit for my new teen sim and was dressing how I usually dress them and gave him new hair. Saved it and then everything completely changed. I went back to Plan outfit and still like how it was before.

Not sure if this is new or a regular occurrence but it would not be good if I have to continue to dress my sims if this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyxgvbjjucM

Message 110 of 142 (2,011 Views)