Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GRO] Child's appearance changes when tooth falls out

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030 (the newest one)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. child has loose tooth 2. wiggle tooth until it falls out
What happens when the bug occurs? child sim's clothes and physical features appear to get randomised when his tooth falls out
What do you expect to see? nothing new? i dont know what's supposed to happen when the teeth come out but i dont think it's a physical change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

his appearance before the tooth vs after 
(the second screenshot is the second time it happened after i got rid of the mods, the third one is the first time)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 44 (19,491 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FEATURE DISABLED] [GRO] Child's appearance changes when tooth falls out

Hero

A Child Sims’ skin material will no longer become corrupted after the Loose Tooth buff expires if the child was already missing two front teeth. ♫ All they really wanted were their two front teeth… ♪

Fixed in Patch 1.97.62/1.73

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 44 of 44 (9,102 Views)

All Replies

Re: child sim's appearance changes drastically when tooth falls out

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cfish Did you reload the game at any point while he hat the tooth moodlet ?

There seem to be multiple reasons why this is happening for children.

- Outdated custom teeth: Please remove those

- Multiple teeth falling out at the same time (please state if you have this).

If you have this issue for teens, please use this thread:  [OPEN] [GRO] Teens change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (19,446 Views)

Re: child sim's appearance changes drastically when tooth falls out

★★★★ Novice

no technically, the first time when i noticed the bug, i thought it was cc so i removed all of it and recovered a save from before the moodlet, but when he got the moodlet a second time the same thing happened

Message 3 of 44 (19,437 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Sims change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When they loose their teeth, they turno completely black, when I co into CAS every outfit and skin colour changes
What happens when the bug occurs? Weird appearance glitch, sim seems to change every time I exit cas, but only the one.
What do you expect to see? No weird change.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I removed every custom skin color
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Growing Together.

@crinrict 

I have photos of the before and after, it had already happened to me with the sim's sister, but I thought that eliminating the customs skin tones would be enough for fixing the problem 😞

Message 4 of 44 (19,039 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Sims change appearance (Related to loose tooth)

Hero
@giggxkie I moved your post over to the thread for children. It's probably different from the teen issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 44 (19,012 Views)

Child sim's apperance will change completly when they lose a tooth

★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Growing Together, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Seasons, Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, My Wedding Stories, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Desert Lux, Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child sim lose a tooth
What happens when the bug occurs? The child sim's appearance will change completely and their profile picture will look like a sim with pitch black skin
What do you expect to see? The child sim's appearance will stay the same, only with a lost tooth
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

glitch.png

A child sim's appearance will change completely when they lose a tooth. Their hair, skin, clothes, and facial features will call change from what they were originally.

Message 6 of 44 (18,730 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Child's appearance changes drastically when tooth falls out

★★★ Newbie

So I had this problem last night and I think it has to do with the child's teeth settings. I had my child with both front teeth missing in cas, and I think when they lose a tooth, they are supposed to have an appearance modifier. When they already have the maximum number of teeth missing, the game doesn't know what to do and bugs out. I went in and gave her a full set of teeth when I went back to a prior save and when she lost the tooth again, no glitch. 

Message 7 of 44 (18,741 Views)

Re: Child sim's apperance will change completly when they lose a tooth

★ Novice

Yep! I have the same issue. She looks completely different 

Message 8 of 44 (18,683 Views)

Re: Sim changed clothes/face after CAS

★★ Novice

Hello. I have this issue on children when they get a loose tooth. it changes my sim completely. eyes, nose, lips, everything. she's not even close to aging up to a teen but this only happens when she gets the loose tooth buff. 

Message 9 of 44 (18,576 Views)

Re: Sim changed clothes/face after CAS

Hero
@rintales Moved your post over to the thread for children. Do you use custom teeth cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 44 (18,554 Views)