Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by AmyJenson

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well: My sim got to the chair to get his hair done and the action never completes. I had to reboot several times to get this done. It's so frustrating right now as it seems we should only rely on luck.Angry

Message 111 of 195 (1,491 Views)

Get Famous - Hair and Makeup always fail

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion and stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By attempting to get into hair and makeup while on an acting job.
What happens when the bug occurs? The makeup artist keeps failing, and instead of fixing what she did wrong, my sim jumps out of the chair and has to start from the beginning all over again. This repeats until the time for the job is over, and I fail the job.
What do you expect to see? When I first got Get Famous, the sim stayed in the hair and makeup chair, and if the hair failed, she would just redo the hair - not make my sim get up and start from the beginning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It seemed to start doing it after the 12/20/18 - PC 1.48.94.1020 update.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion and stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By attempting to get into hair and makeup while on an acting job.
What happens when the bug occurs? The makeup artist keeps failing, and instead of fixing what she did wrong, my sim jumps out of the chair and has to start from the beginning all over again. This repeats until the time for the job is over, and I fail the job.
What do you expect to see? When I first got Get Famous, the sim stayed in the hair and makeup chair, and if the hair failed, she would just redo the hair - not make my sim get up and start from the beginning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It seemed to start doing it after the 12/20/18 - PC 1.48.94.1020 update.

Message 112 of 195 (1,424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem! It makes Get Famous unplayable. My sim can never get into hair and makeup, so I fail the job. I failed three jobs in a row before I gave up playing in disgust. I'll wait for a patch.

Message 113 of 195 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'm so frustrated right now I've decided to switch my sims career. Now he's an entertainer. I won't be able to see what he does but I don't care. At least I can enjoy the game once again.

Message 114 of 195 (1,381 Views)

★★ Novice

Same exact issue. It's kind of hard to believe it's still an issue, actually.

Message 115 of 195 (1,345 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Kind of disappointing how its been almost 2 months since this Glitch started occurring which basically makes the career unplayable, and still it has not been fixed.

I was hoping that the latest patch would fix it, but there was nothing in the notes about it.

I only got this expansion on New years eve, so I haven't been able to experience it much!:

Message 116 of 195 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is there any word on a fix? Two months? Really??? I paid $40 for this and it doesn't even work!

Message 117 of 195 (1,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I heard it's actually from NO styling skill of the npc, so if the npc makeup artist is skilled up in styling(not sure this skill name is correct or not) by MCCC, the bug will be stopped. I don't use MCC and I also have this glitch but not serious at the moment, so I haven't tested this with MCCC. I think it's worth of trying. Standard smile

Message 118 of 195 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Console just got Get Famous and we have the exact same issue.

Honestly with this and all the bugs affecting Vampires I'm pretty disappointed, normally a later console release means any bugs affecting or found by the PC player base are ironed out prior to release but that doesn't seem to be the case. Console users are having to deal with bugs PC players have had for months and a fix for PC just means PS4 and XBOX ONE players will have to wait even longer for the fix to be ported and certified in a future update.
Message 119 of 195 (1,180 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me too. (Console) Frown

Message 120 of 195 (1,174 Views)