GF is a glitched out MESS

by enjoyfulsimmer01

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★ Apprentice

@Artsey_C wrote:

I don't think this is a bug. I believe when you are just starting out, you need to click the chair a number of times to get the hair and make up right. You can tell by the Sims' reaction. As you increase your fame, the number of times you need to click the chair decreases. I had the same issue, but after about 4 auditions and increased fame, the problem went away.

Even if it is intentional, it seems questionable at best. You are at the mercy of random chance (or at least the skills of an NPC) rather than anything skill based.

But I am not convinced that it is intentional. That kind of design is counter-intuitive with respect to the rest of the game. Also it seems more prone to certain gigs than others, and the second chair solution that works for some likewise suggests a bug.

Message 91 of 195 (1,108 Views)

GF is a glitched out MESS

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know!
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims can not do any tasks in the acting career, makeup doesnt work.
What do you expect to see? I want the tasks to check off once I perform them. I want the makeup chair to work and get my sim dressed for their performance .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is honestly ridicuous. To pay so much money for a glitched out, non working game and then their return policy is downright paltry. 

Message 92 of 195 (1,081 Views)

Re: GF is a glitched out MESS

Hero

Hi @enjoyfulsimmer01 

I merged your post with the make issue thread but I'm not sure if your report is about all interactions or just the makeup/hair.

If it's more than the makeup, did you test this without any mods installed ? There could be a mod conflict (this does not mean the hair/makeup which is a known glitch)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 195 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Novice

The career tasks are just bugged all the way around. I dont want to remove my cc. The game should just work. I have an extra user account on my pc with no mods or cc and I will run the game on that one to confirm that the mods arent the issue @crinrict 

Message 94 of 195 (1,066 Views)

★ Novice

I havent had any further issues since I did the reset sim cheat when it wouldn’t fix her hair/makeup after 4 times of trying to get it to work. 

@Cestmoiaussi wrote:

@Artsey_C wrote:

I don't think this is a bug. I believe when you are just starting out, you need to click the chair a number of times to get the hair and make up right. You can tell by the Sims' reaction. As you increase your fame, the number of times you need to click the chair decreases. I had the same issue, but after about 4 auditions and increased fame, the problem went away.

Even if it is intentional, it seems questionable at best. You are at the mercy of random chance (or at least the skills of an NPC) rather than anything skill based.

But I am not convinced that it is intentional. That kind of design is counter-intuitive with respect to the rest of the game. Also it seems more prone to certain gigs than others, and the second chair solution that works for some likewise suggests a bug.

Message 95 of 195 (1,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

@lolajean15 wrote:

I havent had any further issues since I did the reset sim cheat when it wouldn’t fix her hair/makeup after 4 times of trying to get it to work. 

So far it has worked consistently if I pause the game for about a minute or so on arriving on set without doing anything else. That might be coincidence though. I could just be lucky or it could be just the earlier gigs suffer the problem. 

Oh and to answer another question that came up, for my part I am using no mods.

Message 96 of 195 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just started seeing this in my game as well. Whenever either of them fail, instead of trying again while still on the stand/in the seat, my Sim will get off the stand/get out of the seat and I have to click on them and start the whole interaction over again. This eats up a LOT of time when they continuously fail.

Message 97 of 195 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @enjoyfulsimmer01 

mods/cc get outdated with patches. That's how it works. Mods that were created of a certain patch don't necessarily work with another cause they are build on a different code than the one you're running after updating the game.

You need to check your mods/cc after each patch and check if the creator has updated. You don't need to remove it for good. You need to remove it to check if the game runs fine to make sure it's not a mod conflict. After that you can start putting your stuff back but make sure you always use the current version.

Mods/CC are not supported by EA and you use them at your own risk.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 195 (1,009 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @enjoyfulsimmer01 

mods/cc get outdated with patches. That's how it works. Mods that were created of a certain patch don't necessarily work with another cause they are build on a different code than the one you're running after updating the game.

You need to check your mods/cc after each patch and check if the creator has updated. You don't need to remove it for good. You need to remove it to check if the game runs fine to make sure it's not a mod conflict. After that you can start putting your stuff back but make sure you always use the current version.

Mods/CC are not supported by EA and you use them at your own risk.

And the rest of us playing without mods and nevertheless seeing what seems to be the same problem?

Message 99 of 195 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly this.

I also experience this bug ("bug"?). My Sim goes to make-up/hair and is not satisfied the first 2-3 times, so I have to re-initiate the action. It's definitely a bit stressful when you have a set amount of time to finish the day's tasks. It also doesn't make sense that a professional make-up artist wouldn't know what to do on an actor for a specific gig. It's not up to the actor to decide. 

As a side note, I think it's also strange that my Sim's original skincolour and hair texture can change so drastically for a role. 

Message 100 of 195 (967 Views)