Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

by LadyMichael

Original Post

★ Novice

I am also experiencing this issue.  I finally got it to work by doing all the other tasks FIRST.  Also saved right before going into hair and make up.

Message 51 of 195 (4,091 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Small update:

Since I am using mods and CC I tried resetting the game to factory settings but the problem is still there. There are a few things that help a little like placing a second Make-Up chair next to one that is already there like QuakeDust suggested. It does not work every time though. Didn't find another work-around yet so I hope that Maxis will fix this as soon as possible. I really like this new career...but this bug is really spoiling the fun a lot.

Message 52 of 195 (4,074 Views)

★★ Novice

It would be nice if there even was a make up artist there at the moment! 

Currently on a job and there’s no make up artist so I can’t do the job! 

Message 53 of 195 (4,033 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Fixed it by shift+clicking on my sim, the chair and the makeup artist/costume person & selecting "debug"

Message 54 of 195 (3,826 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought it was a mod issue and removed everything. Still happened.

Tried a fresh game removing the entire documents/EA folder and starting over with a new sim. Still borked.

Annoying glitch is annoying and is a game breaker.

Message 55 of 195 (3,742 Views)

Re: Can You Fire Makeup Artist in The Sims 4: Get Famous Acting Career?

★★★ Newbie

I was having the exact same problem! I did ctl+c to open the type menu, then typed in “testingcheats yes” shift + clicked on the makeup artist and hit “Reset Object (debug)” and he got it right FINALLY.

Message 56 of 195 (3,713 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same issue as you and thought it was a minor glitch and thought if it could be either my MCCC or other mods installed onto my computer. 

Message 57 of 195 (3,704 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Doing the other tasks first like Renafly87 suggested worked for me as well. At least once. Didn't have another gig yet. So placing another chair next to the one already there, resetting the Make-Up Artist or doing the other tasks first are work arounds that seem to work. Sometimes at least. Still this is a frustrating bug that needs to be fixed soon.

Message 58 of 195 (3,677 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Message 59 of 195 (3,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I turned testing cheats on and clicked on the stylist and then “debug” and she did my make up perfectly. I also tried cheat needs > make happy on her right before so I am not sure what worked or if it was just a coincidence.
Message 60 of 195 (3,502 Views)