Re: Teen offered full-time job (Get Famous)

by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Teen offered full-time job

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except toddler sp and fitness sp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a fame level as a teen and be offered a job
What happens when the bug occurs? Teen offered a (full time) job in the entertainment career; she's still in school.
What do you expect to see? Probably not a full time job offer, though I appreciate the faith in my teen to do the job. ;D
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ran into this curious message/glitch playing today and thought it odd. It is related to the Get Famous pack. 

My teen is currently a notable newcomer/influencer. A message about a full-time job offer popped up for her. But, she's still in school and I'm not planning on her dropped out any time soon if I can help it. lol Not accepting the offer as I don't want to break my game. :D Never have used mods/cc on this save.

bookmaster325_Finch_teenjoboffer_glitch.png

Message 1 of 20 (3,780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Teen offered full-time job

[ Edited ]
Hero

Looks like this one was fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (3,459 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Would be interesting to see what happens though :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,686 Views)

★★ Guide
I accepted. the teen went first to school when she got home the boss called. there were 2 hours left of the work day, but she wasn't able to go to work
Message 3 of 20 (3,674 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I would have tried but I hadn't saved in a hot minute, so that weighed heavily in my decision-making. lol If she's offered one of the CL jobs, perhaps I will. Would be an upgrade from the part-time cook she has now. :D
Message 4 of 20 (3,656 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've also had this happen with two teens and one has had three or four calls.  I think it's related to their reputation, not their fame as my second teen had no fame, only his sister did.  I didn't accept as I also hadn't saved recently enough and didn't want to lose the progress if it caused problems. Standard smile

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 5 of 20 (3,650 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Teen offered full-time job

★★★★ Guide

its it's related to their reputation, not their fame  I have had it happen to

Message 6 of 20 (3,634 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Her dream job offer came through (a chef) so I tried it. Thought I could make it work based on the hours difference (Works SM and FS) but clicking the 'go to work' button did nothing even though she was on vacation from school. I let her quit gracefully as not to completely shatter her dream for the moment. And it now means she has more time to be a vlogger. :D
Message 7 of 20 (3,595 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Teen offered full-time job

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (3,553 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This actually happened just now. My teen Sim was offered a level 5 Style Influencer career position. I did not accept to avoid breaking my game.  

I own everything and am patched to date.

Zero mods/Zero CC and none ever used in TS4.

In another save I did accept the job in the business career. The game did not show the daily task to write reports. There also was not an option to go to the job. I had not saved for a bit prior to the job offer. I saved the game then quit. I repaired the game and deleted all the cache files. When I went back to that save the business career was no longer showing for that Sim. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 20 (3,486 Views)

★★★ Guide

I experienced this too, however, I did attempt to go to the career... the teen won't go to the job and the game seems to follow with an error. Restarting the game results in the job being removed from the teen.  So now I do not accept these job offers. My teen only receives these job offers when above a great reputation, even with no fame (not in the spotlight).

Message 10 of 20 (3,437 Views)