by Skaazilla

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Some fame quirks stop working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP 01-10, GP 01-09, SP 01-17 (all of them)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a Sim with the fame quirks: Vain Street, Phone Fanatic, and Juice Enthusiast. Switch to a different household for a bit (several sim hours), then back.
What happens when the bug occurs? The quirks will stop giving the Sim the moodlets: Wanting/Craving Juice, Separation Anxiety, and Where's a Mirror. However, Wanting/Craving Juice, and Separation Anxiety can be triggered again if the actions to clear those particular moodlets are done first, they again automatically show up after a time until they inevitably stop working again after reloads. But Where's a Mirror cannot be triggered that way because the action 'Admire fine self' no longer has a progress bar, and can't finish, and also the Sim will never go admire themselves autonomously.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to get the moodlets from the quirks if they haven't done the associated actions for a while, like it always did before. I shouldn't have to trigger them first, they should just happen. And as for Vain Street, I expect my Sims to be able to admire themselves in the mirror and have the action finish, and to have them do the mirror action autonomously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In my testing, I made a new Sim in a new save, and gave her the quirks through cheat. I was able to get Juice Enthusiast and Phone Fanatic to stop working simply by reloading the save while the Sim had the bad moodlets on. She loaded back in without the moodlets anymore, and they never came back until I triggered them by doing the associated actions first. However, the new Sim I used for testing would autonomously do 'Browse web' or 'Play game' on her phone, thus making Separation Anxiety come back. I had to keep her busy to stop this to make sure it was really not working on its own. My older main save Sim doesn't ever use those actions autonomously.

But reloading with the Where's a Mirror moodlet on didn't work to break Vain Street. Instead what seems to break it is loading into a different household for a while. I think switching households can also break the other two quirks as well if you're away long enough. Though Phone Fanatic is hard to test because of the autonomous web browsing the Sim does.

*Tested with and without mods, no different.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 1 (1,025 Views)