[FIXED] [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

by SparkyRabbit82

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've got a version of this happening - after having sims acitvely gain fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight, I now have sims showing as notable newcomers even when they haven't gained fame. I think Get Famous is just entirely bugged out!

Message 11 of 68 (2,526 Views)

Hero
@SparkyRabbit82 As you said, i agree they're separate issues especially if it was confirmed by someone else. Moved your post over

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 68 (2,515 Views)

Re: [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC(Win10,Origin)
Which language are you playing the game in?: English
How often does the bug occur?: Don't know
What is your current game version number?: 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: All EP & GPs - OR,SD,VMP,PTH,JA,SV,DHD,WW / SPs - BS,VGS,TS,LDS,MS,TLS,PS, / ILK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Repeat painting and selling for a while
What happens when the bug occurs?: Fame even though it is turned off in the game options.
What do you expect to see?: "Opted out of Fame" works normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?; Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: After Latest patch (07/26/'22)

I had this issue too.

Message 13 of 68 (2,485 Views)

Re: [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

★★★ Guide

Stepping into the spotlight and then back out will reset the Fame level, but it's only a temporary fix. My Sim is still gaining fame and it looks like I have to do that every time I reach Notable Newcomer to truly keep out of the spotlight right now.

Message 14 of 68 (2,466 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform: XB1
How often does the bug occur?: Since Patch 08/2022
What is your current game version number?: Don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: GTW, IL, GF, S, CD, CL, V, W, SD, OR, CKSP, MFPSP, LDSP, CSK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Repeat Stepping in and out of Spotlight
What happens when the bug occurs?: Fame even though it is turned off in the game options.
What do you expect to see?: "Opted out of Fame" works normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?; Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: After Latest patch (08/'22)

Message 15 of 68 (2,409 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Platform: PC, Win10, Origin App
How often does the bug occur?: Whenever I sell many items to the Museum.
What is your current game version number?: 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Selling items to the Museum triggers it. Happens on new and old saves.
What happens when the bug occurs?: My Sims gain Fame even though they are opted out in game options.
What do you expect to see?: No fame gain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?; This happens without mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: This started after the latest patch July 26, 2022

Message 16 of 68 (2,319 Views)

Fame still broken after 8/10/22 Patch

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion. I have MWS, DHD, Strangerville, JA, DO, Parenthood, SD, and OR for game packs. For stuff packs I have: Paranormal, Knitting, TL, Mosch, MFP, Laundry, Bowling, Kids Room, and Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  I'm not sure because I do not know what's causing it. I have my sims opted out of fame but every single one of my active sims is famous and gaining fame.
What happens when the bug occurs? Almost every single one of my sims shows as a celebrity. It seems like it mostly effects my active sims, but a few inactive families have also been having this issue. I have their fame turned off (Staying out of the spotlight) But every single one of my active sims shows as a celebrity and they gain fame.
What do you expect to see? Only sims opting into fame will be celebrities. Sims opted out will not be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed the fame issue before the 8/10/22 patch that said it was fixed. I installed the delivery and have my game completely update. I even tried the repair option in Origin and cleared out all the cache files. After all that and after the patch that said the issue was fixed, I am still having the fame issue, and I think it's even more frequent that before. 

Message 17 of 68 (2,279 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SparkyRabbit82 From what I can tell certain actions definitely make fame appear. For instance selling craftables make a Sim gain fame and I think it might be tied to the new entrepreneur skill as well.
Message 18 of 68 (2,191 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, ciao.
I have the same issue, my freelance hacker, every time he creates a new video game or mobile app, he gains fame even though I disabled the option from the main menu and checked that in his fame screen under public image is also like that.
The thing is, the first time he gained fame, his "fame dashboard" switched itself to "into the spotlight", while the second time the option remained disabled, but he still had the first level of fame again.

Message 19 of 68 (2,158 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Sims that aren't famous appearing to have fame (Patch 1.90.375)

★ Apprentice

Still having this issue too. I had to make my sim quit his job and use a cheat to reset his fame. He did NOT enter the spotlight, yet he became a notable newcomer after returning home from work. This happened twice. He was in the athlete career in the professional athlete branch. I have another sim with a career (doctor) yet he is not gaining fame. I assume my issue is career related, not quite the same as others. Plus, I had a teen gain a little fame after updating his social media profile even though he was not in the spotlight. None of my sims are in the spotlight. This should NOT be happening. Please fix this PROPERLY. Thanks. 

Message 20 of 68 (2,098 Views)