Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doing any action that causes fame gain
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims gain fame when out of spotlight
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't be gaining fame
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After update to V:1.90.358.1030

I have my game set so that all my sims are started out of the spotlight and if I choose to have a famous sim then I have to put them into the spotlight on that sim. Since the update, my sims are gaining fame and getting fame quirks eventhough they are out of the spotlight! Woo for bugs! 🙄 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 68 (12,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

Hero

Sims who have chosen to forgo the spotlight will no longer gain unwanted fame.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 68 of 68 (1,941 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

Hero
@SparkyRabbit82 To be sure cause of the other bug, they do actually gain fame and it's not just a message or them showing as famous ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 68 (12,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI'm not sure - it's pretty contradictory, here's a ss 

*Also please ignore my sims' crazy outfit, it's apparently what the game thinks a style designer's career outfit is!

Ellie's Fame Info

Message 3 of 68 (12,402 Views)

Hero
@SparkyRabbit82 what does the fame screen under public image say ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 68 (12,384 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The same applies to my male sism tooPublic Image Screen

Message 5 of 68 (12,380 Views)

Hero
@SparkyRabbit82 I think you're seeing the same issue as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GF-All-Sims-Famous-after-patching/td-p/11667321/jump-to/first-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 68 (12,363 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm not sure as it isn't that they were like that when I loaded the game and it hasn't happened to any of my other sims: it may be a variation of it though? They've only gained fame as a result of carrying out actions that cause fame gain (like publishing books or career rabbit holes) eventhough they shouldn't given they are out of the spotlight.
Message 7 of 68 (12,354 Views)

Hero
@SparkyRabbit82 I tried to do fame interactions in my game with out of spotlight and they didn't gain any yet they do have the banner now (some other too so I don't know how much it's related)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 68 (12,338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Whole world of random - thanks anyway: let's hope there's a fix soon! Standard smile

Message 9 of 68 (12,326 Views)

Re: [GF] Sims gaining fame eventhough they are out of the spotlight

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game Option -> Sims begin opted out of Fame -> toggle it on -> Performe any action in a puplic bar for over 24 hours -> Sims wil donate and your sim will get fame and become a celebrity.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims earn fame and become celebrity
What do you expect to see? No fame gain if you toggle "Sims begin opted out of fame* in game option on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.90.358.1030

Can confirm this, sims get now fame self if you toggle it off in option.

I test it with a new save / folder, I toggle it off the option to gain fame in options before I started a sim. I travel with this sim to the blue velvet in willow creek and let it there play the piano for over 24 hours. 

I never allowed the game that my sim can gain fame, but he got 1 star after the first day (your sim gain fame if he plays piano and sims donate) The fame gained don’t stop after first star, so yes, this system is broken and you got all the feature as it would be on. For myself I hope it’s only broken because I don’t have the new DLC. I don’t like it if all my sims can be famous.

Edit; Nope, still is there with High School

Message 10 of 68 (12,260 Views)