by karoschmitz

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Sims distorted after using styling chair

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.345.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the All-in-one styling station from get famous, let a teen sim ask for a new hair style, and then when the first hair style gets applied, use the button "keep style". As soon as you keep style the body and face deforms the same way as it was deforming from the jewellery bug from Crystal creations that just got fixed in the last e-patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? The body becomes a lot thinner and the face squishes vertically, the eyes become smaller, the same way as it was deforming from the jewellery bug from Crystal creations that just got fixed in the last e-patch.
What do you expect to see? No change in the face and body, only application of new hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I only observed it now after the last patch, but I don't know if it was already there with the crystal creations patch too. Before I was able to use this chair without damaging my sims, although I rarely play with Teens, so mostly had used it on young adults before. This bug now I only tested on Teens today.

It looks like the bug from Crystal Creations was not fixed, it is now happening when using the styling chair from get famous, with the exact same effect that we observed with the Crystal creations bug!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Please add pack tags yourself. Thank you.

Message 1 of 14 (3,674 Views)

Re: Sims distorted after using styling chair

Hero
@karoschmitz Do you know if it was present before the hot fix patch on the chair too ?

Is it only teens or did you also test elders and adults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (3,655 Views)

Re: [GF] Sims distorted after using styling chair

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.345.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All - Crystal Creation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never Used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? -

I never used this chair in the past, but I can confirm that its now bugged. I think Miss Beauty need to wait before she can finally start in her dream job as hairdresser.

All ages have this issue, I think even YA but there it’s minimal.  Tested 3x with the same sim different age state. (3x used the chair each life stage)

Message 3 of 14 (3,471 Views)

★★ Pro

Same. Just gave this a quick check at my Beauty Salon (retail shop) and can confirm.

Copy of my regular game from prior to the CCSP patch with mods removed. 

Message 4 of 14 (3,322 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'm thinking, since both the jewellery and styling chair changes things outside of CAS, that maybe every time you change a sim's appearance outside of CAS this happens. (But not for jewellery anymore) Then San Myshuno festival T-shirts, robo-arms, and other things like that, might be affected too. I haven't updated my game yet, could someone who has updated their game check a few of the things that change sims' appearance outside of CAS?

Message 5 of 14 (3,246 Views)

★★ Pro

@SqueamishNerd  Not sure if this is anything to do with anything, but...

I have a family of three Sims (mom, dad, daughter) I got from the Gallery quite a long while ago. Was planning on doing something with them, but never got around to it. Added them to the game as unplayed unhoused townies. Now, one of my teen Sims is dating the daughter so I thought I'd move them into a house and give them a make over. When I got them into CAS they were all stick thin and chinless. I found the original family and this was not how they looked. (I don't see that well, so I often don't notice what Sims "look like" unless I take them into CAS. I mostly notice their outfits. Which is a good thing and a bad thing.)

They've just been around my game for all this time. The father is a vendor and the mother a mixologist. The daughter has been prom royalty and is on the football team. All of these require outfit changes - uniforms, hats, crown.

For what it's worth.

Message 6 of 14 (3,020 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I tested and I can replicate this issue. The problem is that I don`t even have the Crystal Creations packs... Disappointed

There is a BIG difference from before and after.

Teen female frame before:

08-03-24_16-34-36.png

Teen female frame after:

08-03-24_16-36-02.png

The male framed sims have more change on the face and legs, not much on the arms or the rest of he body.

Teen male frame before:

08-03-24_16-36-56.png

Teen male frame after:

08-03-24_16-38-11.png

Message 7 of 14 (2,978 Views)

Re: Sims distorted after using styling chair

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict 

I spent several hours testing on different computers, as I have my main gaming PC with my legacy save still on the pre for rent patch, and my Mac on the current latest patch to test out if it is safe to update, here are my testing results:

On current patch (Mac):

1. tested a few other interactions that also change appearance in some way, like mannequin try-on, mannequin buy, spa nail chair mannecure, spa change into towel, wear university robo glasses, wear makeup on vanity table => all of these with a teen, none of these had a distorting effect that I could notice.

2. tested the styling chair with ask for makup with a teen => It distorted the same way as the ask for hair as soon as you "keep style". I also noticed that the makeup gets applied to ALL outfits instead of just to one, which was also unexpected and very unpractical as this is a permanent change and overrides all our fine tuned makeup

3. tested ask for hair and ask for makeup with a young adult => depending on how the young adult looked like before, some of my young adults got their neck widened, so a slight distortion in that age too. I didn't have other ages in this save and was tired of testing after a few hours, hope someone else can test those

On pre for rent patch (PC):

1. tested the styling chair ask for hair and ask for makeup actions with teens and young adult, and found out that teens experience the same distortion on this previous patch! My young adult in this legacy save just had a baby so her neck (and rest of body) was already quite wide, maybe that's why it didn't affect her, but given the teen had the full effect I assume the bug has been introduced before Crystal creations and For Rent already and silently affected our Sims with time without us noticing where the genetical change came from. Several of my Sims do have quite a thin chin and I thought I was just imagining that something is going on that changes everyone.. Since I have been using this chair in nearly all my retails as a hair dresser replacement, I assume this is where my Sims get their thin chins from over time 😢

Message 8 of 14 (2,735 Views)

★★ Pro

Is anyone seeing this from using the styling chair at the movie set while getting into hair and makeup for the actor career?

Message 9 of 14 (2,539 Views)

★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd Additionally to the testing steps from this morning with other outside-of-CAS interactions, I just got to try to equip and un-equip the robo arm 5 times on a teen, but didn't notice any difference in the genetics, looks fine 👍
Message 10 of 14 (2,401 Views)