Not getting Accolade trophy

by Kita5399

Original Post

Re: My sim can't recieve a Starlight Accolade award

★★★ Newbie

I participated in the Starlight Accolades today. Both my sim and her guest were seated, watching the awards and I received the completion notification below:

"For her most recent performance, Bella Goth won the Starlight Accolade for Best Acting! You can find your award in the Sim's Household Inventory."

Alas, when I returned home and went to the Household Inventory, there was nothing present. I hope this helps.

Message 11 of 35 (1,487 Views)

Hero
Did you try accept that part or entirely skip that part ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (1,479 Views)

Not getting Accolade trophy

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a celebrity Sim and win an award
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim won an award for best song at the Starlight accolades, and was never able to accept the award because other Sims were using the microphone. The action kept cancelling and eventually was no longer listed. The pop up said the award would be in the household inventory, but there was nothing there upon returning home.
What do you expect to see? To receive the award statue in some manner after winning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had been using mods but I save often. I removed my mods and deleted the caches then played the situation again getting the same result. 

Message 13 of 35 (1,473 Views)

Re: Not getting Accolade trophy

Hero

Hi @Kita5399

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 35 (1,447 Views)

Re: Not getting Accolade trophy

★★ Guide

Thank you, I looked for an existing topic and must have just missed it 😊

Message 15 of 35 (1,427 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [GF] Sims Can't Accept Awards

★★★★ Novice

My sim stood outside the building the first time, and was notified that he won several awards. The second time it came around, he won the best actor award and recieved a message that his award would be in his household inventory but it wasn't there, and also... this is the big part... his lifetime aspiration goal to win an award was not fulfilled, so now I have to wait a whole "year" for the awards to come around again!!! This is not ok.

And in a separate issue, but posting here because I don't have time to read through all the other threads to see if it's mentioned, my sim is supposed to get 3 fame points for hitting the 4th level, and he only got 2 points. So right now he is at the 4 star level of proper celebrity... and he has only 5 assigned points and 2 unassigned. He also has 2 quirks, but I think the game gave him more that it didn't list, like the can't eat normal food trait. I noticed that after level 1 star... the visible quirks are the public number and no touching.

I would think, that after 18 years, you would be able to release a new game that is free from bugs....  I wouldn't just think it, I would EXPECT it.

Additionally, my sim began walking really slow and prissy, at level 3, so I had to download a mod to get rid of the celebrity walk.

Message 16 of 35 (1,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You must go up to the microphone and accept the award to actually get it. I obviously can't say for sure but I think that the way this is handled will be changed in an upcoming patch perhaps the next patch.

Oh and it is a weekly event in the Sims 4 not yearly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 35 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the exact same issue!

Message 18 of 35 (1,380 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?   If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 19 of 35 (1,340 Views)

★ Pro

Somewhere someone suggested adding a second mic. I did and it worked.

02-09-19_5_14_31 PM.jpg

Message 20 of 35 (1,311 Views)