Re: My sim can't recieve a Starlight Accolade award

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Just to add: Also, when trying to complete the master actress aspiration, if you received and placed a celebrity tile (which is on the last list to complete the aspiration) before you win an award (which is on the next to last list to complete the aspiration), when you then win the award and it switches to the last list the game does not recognize that you have already placed your tile. So you sit there with an uncompleted aspiration to place a celebrity tile when you have already placed it. Again, another annoyance I can do without.

Message 31 of 35 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AB33WarriorI noticed I was able to pick up any tile off the the boulevard and put it back, and it counted as completing the aspiration. It didn’t have to be my own Sim’s tile.

edit: also wanted to make sure anyone who comes across this thread knows that apart from adding a second microphone, another easier way to win a Starlight Accolade is by submitting books or other works rather than acting. You can win a Starlight Accolade for various reasons and they all count for fulfilling the “win an award” aspiration for actors. It’s a bit faster to knock out a bunch of books than it is to complete several acting gigs.

Message 32 of 35 (462 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I’ve seen this, but it was when my Sims had a burning desire to be in a group conversation and ignored their award, or when the microphone was occupied. I’ve also successfully received the award by grabbing the microphone stand and moving it away from the presenter. 

My rule about cheating is that if it’s a bug I’m allowed, so I just cheated that they received the award that they failed to pick up. 🤦‍♀️

Message 33 of 35 (442 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @xochiquetzl_xkvn @AB33Warrior @ChapelParalysis 

We tried to reproduce the issue with sims unable to accept award at our end but we were unable.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 35 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I'll see what I can do.

I think in my case the issue is rotational play, plus lots of famous related/friendly Sims.  So the first award ceremony was super-smooth, the second award ceremony was pretty smooth, and the fifth or sixth award ceremony was HOORAY FAMILY REUNION HEY EVERYBODY HOW ARE YOU HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? HOW'S YOUR MOM'N'EM? I LOVE YOUR DRESS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..... award? what award?  SQUIRREL!!!!! Standard smile

Message 35 of 35 (393 Views)