by Rorolina

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Sim gets additional quirks past the 4 limit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs All Game Packs Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a celebrity with 5 stars, and 4 quirks, and trigger the conditions for a new quirk
What happens when the bug occurs? It will add an ADDITIONAL quirk, even though there should be 4 max.
What do you expect to see? Once the sim has 4 quirks, they shouldn't get more.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So basically my 5 star sims keep getting additional celebrity quirks, even though the max should be 4.

Message 1 of 13 (3,875 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Sim gets additional quirks past the 4 limit

Hero

Since this isn't easily reproducible I will tag this as Needs Input to see if anyone else has this issue.

So far there are no me toos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,756 Views)

★ Pro

I clicked "Me Too" even though I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing.

My Celebrities with 4 quirks enact behaviors that are associated with quirks they don't have. For example constantly playing with their phones, checking themselves in the mirror or getting the close to a celebrity buff. I don't know if this is a bug or just part of the fame/quirk system. Maybe Celebrity Sims are pushed preform these actions because that's how they get quirks. 

Bit annoying, though.

Message 3 of 13 (3,706 Views)

★ Novice

If it helps, I encountered this issue after using "Quirk B Gone" to get rid of the Stan quirk. I now have a 5th quirk slot that glows red when I open the fame info tab. 

Message 4 of 13 (3,643 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Sim gets additional quirks past the 4 limit

★★ Guide
I've run into this issue, but for me, I seem to get an additional slot every time I use a Quirk-B-Gone potion.

So far my Sim is up to 6 total slots.

I've had the issue of having quirks past 4 in the form of that other thread's issue, where quirks seem to still be active, even after removing them.
This one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Removing-quirk-Sim-behaves-as-still-there/td-p/7...

In relation to THIS issue, after doing the workaround listed in the other thread, every time I used a Quirk-B-Gone, I also gained an additional empty quirk slot.

Here's a picture of my Sim's current quirk status: https://puu.sh/DBXiP/9732039bb1.png
Message 5 of 13 (3,525 Views)

★★ Guide
I played again today, and upon loading up the same Sim, the extra empty quirk slots disappeared, and he was left with 4 slots for his 4 normal quirks.

But unfortunately, this didn't stop him from being able to develop quirks past 4, and upon using the Quirk-B-Gone again to get rid of the 5th quirk, he was left with an extra empty quirk slot.

Also I'm not sure on the limit of these extra quirk slots.
I stopped playing yesterday after reaching my 7th slot, at which point they started just appearing outside of the fame info window.
Message 6 of 13 (3,499 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yikes that is a bug. 

I got the issue too, but with my celebrity still with his 2 quirk slots. The other 2 slots (quirkslot3 and quirkslot4) are still unlocked

The issue goes like this, I think can be reproduced easily

1. I got the no-touching quirk, which appears in quirkslot1. 

2. Then I got the stan quirk in quirkslot2.

3. Then I drink Quirk-B-Gone potion, to remove no-touching quirk

4. Now my celebrity has quirkslot1 empty and glowing red, stan quirk is still in quirkslot2

5. Add additional quirk with 'testingcheats on' cheat, right click the sim, then add new quirk, in my case: I add paparazzi darling

6. instead of appearing quirkslot1, for some reason the quirk appears in quirkslot3, which supposedly still unlocked!

Serious bug here, Sims team needs to check this!

Message 7 of 13 (3,450 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This bug occurs because the removed quirk slot is still occupied by the red glow. This appears to be an oversight by the team because the glow is supposed to dissipate after a few seconds, in which case it does not.

One temporary solution I found was to save and reload your game after you remove a quirk with the potion. Upon reloading the save, the red glow will no longer be around the empty slot and will be free to take in another.

Message 8 of 13 (3,444 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In my case I wanted to remove the no-touching quirk

With the red glow gone, is the no-touching quirk truely removed? Based on people's report, I don't think so, but I will give it a try

Message 9 of 13 (3,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think it will truly be removed 100% of the time. The red glow unlocking 5+ slots and the quirks which leave traces after their removal appears to be two different problems.

Message 10 of 13 (3,429 Views)