Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every big expansion pack, and Sims Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? get the smartphone quirk as a "rising star" and then remove it with the potion.
What happens when the bug occurs? I basically removed the quirk (dont know if you call it like that in english, in the german version it's a "Marotte") where you're always on your smartphone, and my Sim still gets onto it like every now and then. So I guess I technically removed the quirk but somehow it's still there.
What do you expect to see? I don't want to have my sim go onto his smartphone while doing tasks and stuff. He never did that before he had that damn quirk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recorded the issue. Maybe you can make any use of it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPawMsSr-I&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 102 (18,707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I tested this:

Made a sim Notable Newcomer celebrity level 1 that unlocks a quirk ability; entertained them with the mobile phone until they got the quirk Phone Fanatic, and let them have that for one day. Next day gave them the Reward Quirk B-gone potion; played them for a sim-week, on full autonomy, gave them actions sometimes. No autonomous phone interactions.
Gave them the quirk Phone Fanatic again; played them for a sim-week. They played with their phone several times a day; and while doing other things: talking, sitting by the computer. They got a moodlet with a couple of hours intermission: Separation Anxiety. The moodlet only disappeared after player directed phone interactions; not the autonomous ones.

I then gave them the potion Quirk B-gone again, and played them for a week. One day they autonomously chose Browse Web on the phone 4 times; otherwise not at all.

The moodlet Separation Anxiety only appeared when having the quirk Phone Fanatic, not after being fed the potion. 

While having the quirk Phone Fanatic, the autonomous action to fiddle with the phone is not visible as such in the action queue.

The autonomus action to Browse Web the second week (after the potion) was visible in the action queue.

Did the same routine with the quirk: Public Number. The potion worked there too: no fan texts, no moodlets.

Since interactions on the phone, player directed and autonomous, are possible for sims, regardless of celebrity level and quirks; I suggest anyone who still think their sim plays with their phone too much to look in the action queue field to confirm if it is a fame quirk idle or an ordinary phone interaction.

View in thread

Message 78 of 102 (12,163 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4: After removing smartphone quirk, sim still checks smartphone regular

Hero
Sounds like the issue with some traits ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 102 (18,619 Views)

Re: Sims 4: After removing smartphone quirk, sim still checks smartphone regular

★★★★ Apprentice
Got the same problem also with other quirks
Message 3 of 102 (18,572 Views)

Hero

How did you remove them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 102 (18,558 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
With the celestial crown
Message 5 of 102 (18,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having problems removing quirks too; for me it's Refined Palate. I've used the potion available in the rewards store. It seems to work and the quirk disappears, but my sim still gets uncomfortable due to "offensive food".

Message 6 of 102 (18,521 Views)

Hero

Seems this is the same as we have for Vampire weaknesses and some traits,

I'll add it separately for now though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 102 (18,495 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 102 (18,420 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've also been experiencing this problem. The "Quirk-B-Gone" potion from the aspiration rewards store and testingcheats don't completely remove quirks either.

Message 9 of 102 (18,356 Views)

Bug: Phone Fanatic behavior persists after quirk removal

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, Kids Room stuff, Holiday stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Become a celebrity. 2. Use your phone frequently (play games, etc) until you get the Phone Fanatic quirk. 3. Purchase a Quirk-B-Gone potion and use it to remove Phone Fanatic.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim continues to use their phone obsessively, interrupting activities, despite having removed the quirk. This issue persists even if the Sim gets a replacement quirk instead (such as A Serious Actor).
What do you expect to see? Once Phone Fanatic is removed, the Sim should no longer interrupt activities by looking at their phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(And on a side note, having all the questions above, and then further requiring text in this Compose box is silly. If the above is enough, it should be enough!)

Message 10 of 102 (18,294 Views)