by TheQuirkyPirate

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Recording Skill Video labeled with wrong skill

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except StrangerVille, luxury party, perfect patio, spooky, movie hangout, romantic garden, vintage glamor, bowling night, toddler, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Record a video while building a skill
What happens when the bug occurs? The video is labeled as a different skill
What do you expect to see? The video should be labeled correctly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has happened twice, once while trying to make a cooking video, it was labeled video production. A different video was made while my sim was painting and it was labeled homestyle cooking

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (2,622 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Recording Skill Video labeled with wrong skill

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,568 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am having this issue also, most recently a few minutes ago. My sim was very inspired and playing the guitar. I don't use the drone much, but decided to use it this time. When the video was done, it was labeled as "comedy". Granted, my sim IS indeed a comedian, but that shouldn't affect how the videos he makes is labeled. He was neither Playful, or telling jokes/doing routines.

Message 3 of 16 (2,512 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

i'm also having this problem, is there no fix to it rn?

Message 4 of 16 (2,352 Views)

Started happening to me after the infants patch/Growing Together. I've done two cooking videos, one gourmet, the other regular - the gourmet was labeled charisma, the regular was labeled comedy. Makes fulfilling videos for Corporate Partnership rather difficult.

Message 5 of 16 (1,687 Views)

★★ Guide

Same. I had a sim record herself on the drone playing chess to get a Logic Video. She was gaining logic and was focused. It was labeled a Dancing Video. I had her try it a second time, and that one was labeled a Charisma video. However, when I recorded her cooking, it came out correctly as a Homestyle Cooking Video.

Message 6 of 16 (1,634 Views)

Video Drone labeling all my videos as Vampire Lore

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Batu, Bowling stuff, and most of the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a drone to record a video.
What happens when the bug occurs? The drone tags everything as Vampire Lore. My sim is not doing anything related to the Vampire Lore skill and is an alien?
What do you expect to see? I expect the drone to not label my videos incorrectly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did use a cheat to make them immortal, if that could be a probable cause? I had issues with the drone deciding the videos were a different type than I intended but before it made sense if the sims mood changed while filming or was near a different skill object or queued up a different interaction before finishing filming, but this one is baffling me to be honest.

Message 7 of 16 (1,298 Views)

Re: Video Drone labeling all my videos as Vampire Lore

Hero
@drakeithy Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,280 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I did not. I only have one mod rn so I'll just remove it later and see if that does anything.
Message 9 of 16 (1,271 Views)

Hero
@drakeithy Let me know what you find.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,257 Views)