by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Absolutely Marbleous Fence llama heads don't orient correctly

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, create a room (size doesn't matter as long as there is still some area for placing fencing on each side of the structure). Select the Absolutely Marbleous Fence and create a fenced area, connected to the structure, on each side of the structure.
What happens when the bug occurs? The llama heads on the fence posts face outwards as expected if drawn from what the game considers the front of the structure. When drawn from the sides or back of the structure, they face the front as well, which results in odd looking fencing where llamas are pointed to the side or backwards when looking at the fence.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see the llama heads facing outwards regardless of which side of the home the fence is drawn from, as the Absolutely Marbleous Bannister does.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an image of the problem:

llamaswrong.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (3,656 Views)

Stair railing glitch

★★★ Novice

I noticed recently a slight glitch with Sims 4, in particular, one of the stair railings from the Get Famous pack, no matter how I place stairs, the llama heads on the railing always face backwards or sideways.

Message 2 of 8 (3,519 Views)

Re: Stair railing glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Vermatrix1   I got a similar result, I tried a couple of different placements. There is a bug report on the issue, feel free to Me Too on it and describe your issue. The picture might be good to add too:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Problem-with-orientation-on-Absolutely-Marbleou...

I have added my results to the bug report.

Message 3 of 8 (3,489 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Problem with orientation on Absolutely Marbleous Fence

★★★★ Expert

Same esthetic issue. I got these results:

llama banister.pngllama banister.pngllama banister3.png

Message 4 of 8 (3,491 Views)

Re: Stair railing glitch

Hero
@Vermatrix1 I merged your thread with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (3,472 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Absolutely Marbleous Fence llama heads don't orient correctly

★★ Pro

Yeah I see this too in my game and I see it on speedbuilds on youtube. I mean it's a pretty gaudy fence to begin with but now it's downright unusable because I can't see past these heads always facing to the side. And hey, sometimes you might want to build a horrible, tacky McMansion with gilded llama head fencing and that's why we need this fence!

Message 6 of 8 (2,518 Views)

★ Guide

This is still an issue.

Message 7 of 8 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BryonyRae this still happens to me 😭😡
Message 8 of 8 (660 Views)