Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GF] Post Updates interaction group disappears from Video Station

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost everything bar a few stuff/game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim use a video station to post an update, in my case it was replying to comments.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the sim has replied to comments, (I need to test the other two interactions in the group) the "Post Updates.." interaction group will disappear from the Video station's menu until the active lot is unloaded (Travelling to another lot) or the game is saved and reloaded.
What do you expect to see? The "Post Updates..." interaction group to always be available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As written above. I need to test the other update interactions to see if they produce the same result.

As with every new release, the install is fresh and the Electronics Arts folder in My Documents is deleted and repopulated by the game in an attempt to reduce conflicts from old saves/mods.

Message 1 of 18 (3,228 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] "Post Updates" interaction group disappears from Vid

Community Manager (retired)

There's an intended cooldown on this interaction, it's not supposed to always be available. If it's literally never available that'd be a problem, though. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (3,083 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GF] "Post Updates" interaction group disappears from Video Statio

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seen this too. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,162 Views)

Re: [GF] "Post Updates" interaction group disappears from Video Statio

★★★★ Guide

Can confirm the other interaction in the the Post Updates group cause the group to disappear, not just replying to comments.

Message 3 of 18 (3,138 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

There's an intended cooldown on this interaction, it's not supposed to always be available. If it's literally never available that'd be a problem, though. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 18 (3,084 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I did assume there would be an intended cooldown, but something is causing "Post Updates..." group to disappear entirely until the lot is reloaded. I've had my game run for a few in-game days without leaving the lot to test if it would come back, but alas, no dice.
Message 5 of 18 (3,069 Views)

★ Novice

Also happening here. Completely gone, not greyed out like other cool down options. 

Message 6 of 18 (3,030 Views)

★ Novice
First time post updates ever popped up for me, was right after I had just uploaded my first video and was about to upload a second so I wanted to hype the new one and promote the first (old one) but as soon as I did one of those things my sim got up and shrugged and it's not been in the video station menu ever since.
Message 7 of 18 (2,953 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JenChelChi So it hasn't reappeared even after reloading the lot/save or restarting the game?

Message 8 of 18 (2,922 Views)

Hero
Added as needs input for now

Please pay attention how if it's really just a cool down or if it in fact never comes back unless you reload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (2,905 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I don't believe it is due to a cooldown because I was in the same lot for at least one full in game day and Post Updates interaction didn't reappear. If I leave the lot and reload it comes back as well. This doesn't have a time limit; I can use the interaction, leave immediately then go back to the lot and I'll have the interaction available, even if only about 20 in game minutes pass. Additionally, I can do the interaction on other lots such as the movie studio but again in these lots I can only do the interaction once. Another thing I've noticed is if I queue two different "Post Updates" interactions then my sim will complete the first interaction and then stand confused waving their arms with a question mark thought bubble above their head. 

If it is just a cooldown thing and I need to wait longer, I think it would be clearer if it showed up greyed out with a message saying something like "No more comments to reply to for now" or something. However, it doesn't make sense from a gameplay standpoint that doing one of the three interactions would stop you from being able to do the remaining two. I understand that the replying to comments interaction causes a decent boost in followers and fame and it makes sense to limit this interaction, but limiting the other two doesn't make sense. My expectation as a player would be that I'd be able to complete all three interactions before they're all unavailable.

Hope this provides some extra info to the people who need to see it!

Message 10 of 18 (2,881 Views)