by Kathykins

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Newly created Sim gets negative reputation

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new sim and check the Simology panel - Public Image.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every new sim I create has one bar into the negative in Reputation.
What do you expect to see? For reputation to be completely neutral on a sim fresh out of CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Someone asked about this issue on the official Sims forums. I searched here, but couldn't find any posts about it.

The issue is in short, a newly created sim, fresh out of CAS, has a slight negative reputation (1 "bar"), when it "should" be completely neutral.

I have tested this with and without mods. The result is the same.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

NewSim-NegRep.png

Message 1 of 6 (543 Views)

Betreff: New sim - negative reputation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, I have the same problem when I created a Sim in CAS.

And there was an incident which I am not 100% sure about:
All random Sims whom my Sims got married to or moved in together with had a slighty negativ reputation as well. Maybe the issues are connected?

Message 2 of 6 (522 Views)

Betreff: New sim - negative reputation

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@koba_sueMight be dependant on the age of the save. If its a fairly new save, all created or randomly generated (including premades) might have it. I've not checked any of them, except my own sim.

Edit: In a new, not-played save Johnny Zest and the Roomies households all had the same thing. All I've done in that save is to create a sim and move her into a house.

Message 3 of 6 (429 Views)

Re: [GF] Newly created Sim gets negative reputation

★★ Pro
@Kathykins What are the traits of the Sim? Some traits cause the Sim to have a negative reputation.
Message 4 of 6 (326 Views)

★★ Guide
@canelacaliente I don't think traits matter. I just went into my never-played template, and checked some of the families. I picked some of the larger families, to have more of a sample, so to speak.

Munch, Fyres, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, they all had the same bit of negative rep. And except Wolfgang, there's not a single bad trait among them. That's 13 sims with the exact same starter reputation. And none of them have been played and interacted with anyone.

Its not really a huge deal, its very easy to get in the green, doesn't take long at all to reach Pristine.
Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kathykins I see this in my game. It must be an issue going on with the reputation system.
Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)