Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [GF] Newly created Sim gets negative reputation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new sim and check the Simology panel - Public Image.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every new sim I create has one bar into the negative in Reputation.
What do you expect to see? For reputation to be completely neutral on a sim fresh out of CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Someone asked about this issue on the official Sims forums. I searched here, but couldn't find any posts about it.

The issue is in short, a newly created sim, fresh out of CAS, has a slight negative reputation (1 "bar"), when it "should" be completely neutral.

I have tested this with and without mods. The result is the same.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

NewSim-NegRep.png

Message 1 of 12 (4,220 Views)

Betreff: New sim - negative reputation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, I have the same problem when I created a Sim in CAS.

And there was an incident which I am not 100% sure about:
All random Sims whom my Sims got married to or moved in together with had a slighty negativ reputation as well. Maybe the issues are connected?

Message 2 of 12 (4,194 Views)

Betreff: New sim - negative reputation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@koba_sueMight be dependant on the age of the save. If its a fairly new save, all created or randomly generated (including premades) might have it. I've not checked any of them, except my own sim.

Edit: In a new, not-played save Johnny Zest and the Roomies households all had the same thing. All I've done in that save is to create a sim and move her into a house.

Message 3 of 12 (4,101 Views)

Re: [GF] Newly created Sim gets negative reputation

★★★ Pro
@Kathykins What are the traits of the Sim? Some traits cause the Sim to have a negative reputation.
Message 4 of 12 (3,998 Views)

★★★ Guide
@canelacaliente I don't think traits matter. I just went into my never-played template, and checked some of the families. I picked some of the larger families, to have more of a sample, so to speak.

Munch, Fyres, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, they all had the same bit of negative rep. And except Wolfgang, there's not a single bad trait among them. That's 13 sims with the exact same starter reputation. And none of them have been played and interacted with anyone.

Its not really a huge deal, its very easy to get in the green, doesn't take long at all to reach Pristine.
Message 5 of 12 (3,993 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Kathykins I see this in my game. It must be an issue going on with the reputation system.
Message 6 of 12 (3,965 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Newly created Sim gets negative reputation

★ Novice

From what I see not many people have the same issue. Restarted the game, Origin, even my PC. Repair, reinstall, whole clean wipe of both Sims 4 and Origin with rest of %AppData% files and Document files were removed and cleaned - no result. Very irritating if I have to say.

Message 7 of 12 (3,549 Views)

★ Novice

I'm currently having the exact same issue. Having to use the cheat to reset their reputation. It's frustrating as sims act on people's reputation, so they treat my sims like pariahs 

Message 8 of 12 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

me too. I'm also getting it. just slightly under bad so its neutral.

Message 9 of 12 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sim keeps doing respectful intros and yet the game keeps him at one bar of bad reputation (even though it says neutral rep). I'm on Day 6 of the new save file.

Message 10 of 12 (1,134 Views)