by themadman125

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Missing ground visual glitch on Chateau Peak

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? the Ground disappear and my sims cant walk on it.
What do you expect to see? The ground and for my sims to be able to walk on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The ground disappers so my sims can't get to there house.

Message 1 of 10 (2,824 Views)

Re: No Platform

Hero
Did you try this with your mods removed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,740 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

i tried without mods and the glitch was still there.

Message 3 of 10 (2,730 Views)

Hero
Tagging @BryonyRae on this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,691 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@themadman125 I'll need a bit more information to troubleshoot.  Which lot did this happen on?  Did it occur after placing a house from the Gallery perhaps?  If so, which Gallery build did you place?  If not, did it occur after you perhaps did some building on the lot yourself?  Might you have been working with terrain tools?  From the screen shot, it looks like the ground there might have been lowered, which is why I ask about terrain tools.  If the ground is sunken, you should be able to raise it to the correct height using terrain tools.  I could also take a look at the lot/build in my game, if you would like to share it to the Gallery.  You can just call it "Test Ground" or the like and tag me with @ when it's available.  I can perhaps troubleshoot why the problem occurred and how to fix it.

Message 5 of 10 (2,668 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i built the house on the 64x64 lot in Del sol valley. I've put the build on the gallery and tagged you in it. 

Message 6 of 10 (2,644 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@themadman125 I've downloaded the lot and can confirm that I'm seeing a visual glitch on the build as you describe.  However, in my game, it doesn't affect functionality - the sims are still able to enter and exit the home.  The glitch seems to be caused by a problem in that spot on the lot itself, as when I rotate the build to another position on the lot, there is no glitch, and if I place it on a different 64x65 lot, there is no glitch.  Will add to our list.  For the devs, link to madman's build here.

Message 7 of 10 (2,609 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ok thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 10 (2,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I Have the same trouble with the same lot, and also I can't put any furnitures on the glitching part so that is annoying.. I hope they fix this problem soon Frown 

ps. I tried to repair the game but it didn't work, unfortunately 

Message 9 of 10 (2,525 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Missing ground visual glitch on Chateau Peak

★ Novice
@BryonyRaethemadman125 I also have this issue, it's been persistent for a while. At certain angles the floor tiles disappear on the Chateau Peak Del Sol Valley 64x64 lot, it doesn't seem to impact gameplay but it's very ugly to see.
Message 10 of 10 (2,368 Views)