[OPEN] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

by Vulori

Original Post

Re: First Two Sims missing Two Fame Points

★★★★ Novice

Just got the bug today on Xbox One, didn't know I was supposed to get a fame point and a quirk at notable newcomer until I read into it. I did however get 2 fame points for reaching Rising Star, but still no fame point or quirk from Notable Newcomer.

Message 41 of 47 (1,476 Views)

Re: Sim not always getting points for fame perks upon gaining a rank

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. The sim wasn't in the athletics career when it happened though, but a student who gained a fame point from soccer juggling skills.

Trying to recall, but I don't tnink she did anything but that to gain fame. She is now between terms and has joined the athletics career though.

Message 42 of 47 (1,407 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The sim I have that this is happening to also started in the athlete career. He chose the chance card option that gave him fame (only level 1, Notable Newcomer) and was fired from his job. When he earned enough fame to become level 2, Rising Star, I never received a notification, he never received his fame points or unlocked a new quirk slot, although it did count for his fame aspiration (that’s the only reason I knew he’d gone up a level). Getting a celebrity cleanse did not restore the missing fame points, unlock the second quirk slot, or cleanse him of his first quirk, although it did let me choose how to re-spend his first and only fame point.

*EDITED* I tried the testingcheats true, then decreasing celebrity level and increasing celebrity level, and that gave him the two missing fame points.

Here is a link to the save file before I "fixed" the bug using the cheats above: https://www.dropbox.com/s/67bk4f87ddpy176/JordanS243_Save_Slot_0000000c.zip?dl=0. You can see by looking at the adult male's celebrity panel that he only has one fame point spent and none available despite being level 2. 

I play with CC and mods, but the bug persisted with them removed.

Message 43 of 47 (1,385 Views)

Re: [GF] Sim That Loses and Regains Fame Level Doesn't Regain Fame Points/Quirk

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just had this happen to me  last week.  Going from 3 star to 4.  The only  reason  I knew it happened is because the fame panel star glowed green. There was n notification,  no points, and no celebrity glow.

Message 44 of 47 (1,307 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I still have this problem but it seems that the problem isn't just not getting no fame points after reaching another celebrity level but the new fame level isn't even recognised correctly. 

My sim went from celebrity level 3 to celebrity level 4 without getting points but also my sim didn't get the glow or the celebrity walk ( not only not the option to turn it off/on but no glow or walkstyle at all) but the next level of the "skilltree" is unlocked.

I installed this mod acting pays: modthesims.info/download.php?t=632165 afterwards which increases the payment actors get and my sim got paid like they where celebrity level 3.

So I used the testingcheats enabled cheat and decreased my sims celebrity level from 4 to 3 and then increased it back from 3 to 4 and now I properly unlocked the glow/walkstyle and with the mod my sim gets paid the right amount for an level 4 celebrity.

I'm not sure how to reproduce the bug but what is happening is that my sims gets above the threshold which would result in leveling up to the next celebrity level but instead they get stuck at the current level but then as soon as I travel to another lot or save and restart my game they get that level up but without the game registering that level up.

Message 45 of 47 (1,279 Views)

Sims with active fame status do not gain Fame Points, but fame level progresses

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

PlatformPC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? 100%

What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims has stepped into the limelight, progresses through fame levels but does not receive fame points. My Sim is now a Global Superstar and has only received 2 fame points.

What happens when the bug occurs? No fame points, just increased fame.

What do you expect to see? To get fame points to purchase fame perks.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Since last patch

Message 46 of 47 (379 Views)

Re: Sims with active fame status do not gain Fame Points, but fame level progres

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Sul Sul! 

Is anyone still seeing this without mods or custom content installed? If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Message 47 of 47 (648 Views)