[FIXED] [GF] Looking for Audition cancels/can't go to auditions

by jk-olsen

Original Post

Re: Get Famous BUG. Actor Sims are stuck and won't leave for audition

★ Novice

Whenever I click the button for another audition, nothing happens at all because it’s stuck to the previous one but the problem is, they won’t go to an audition at all! I have to cancel the audition to be able to look at the list and it happens all over again

Message 41 of 75 (2,177 Views)

Hero

Hi @j-youngin511 

what about your save game ? Would you be willing to share it ? See above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 75 (2,171 Views)

★ Novice

Already did to your pm

Message 43 of 75 (2,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ah sorry. I'll check after dinner.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 75 (2,154 Views)

Acting Career - Sim Won't Go To Auditions

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempting to get auditions in Acting career
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is part of the Acting career. Uses phone to get a gig. Wait for the gig to happen, but Sim does not activate their Go to Work function, and there isn't an option in the phone to send them. After the hour passes, the gig window doesn't show any upcoming gigs, and I have to cancel the gig to try another, but the same happens each time.
What do you expect to see? My Sim to go to work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not really sure what I can do at this point. I've tried to reset any custom content whatsoever such as package files and whatnot, but I haven't got any installed.

Message 45 of 75 (2,150 Views)

Re: Acting Career - Sim Won't Go To Auditions

Hero

@j-youngin511  after testing your save, I do think you ahve the same issue as described here in this thread so I merged your post. I do see that the workaround doesn't work in your case. Will do some more testing on your save but thought i'd let you know

@Anubins Merged yours as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 75 (2,140 Views)

Re: Acting Career - Sim Won't Go To Auditions

★ Novice

The workaround doesn't work for me. There is only 'Check for Gigs' on my phone instead 'cancel audition'. I tried to take a new gig then cancel it but it will reappear again after loading screen. I think i can still go to the new gig normally, it just doesn't show up on the career tab, i haven't played it again because of the bug and there is still no fix.

Message 47 of 75 (2,099 Views)

[Acting career] Can't go to auditions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4 Get to Work
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Exp: All expansions. GP: [Parenthood] and [Dine Out]. Stuff: [Romantic Garden] and [Movie Hangout]. CC: [] and a few related animations mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I linked my save below to test it. In ~30 minutes (7pm), Oddlaug Talley has an audition. Wait for that to see it disappear and Oddlaug not going there. This happens no matter what audition has been selected and no matter what agency is used.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any audition the character has will not work at all and instead disappears from the work tab at the second it should start (leaving a blank space underneath the agency section). The character won't go there and no option to force to go will be available. The audition will however remain "alive" and will prevent getting another audition untill canceled by phone. Any other audition, no matter the agency, will exhibit the same bug.
What do you expect to see? The character should go to the audition when the time comes and be able to get another one afterwards without cancelling the previous one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Fixes i have tried:

1. Quit the acting career, get another career and go to work (works as intended), then try the acting career again.
2. Move sim to another plot before the audition starts.
3. Control other sim on another plot in the hope that the related sim will automatically go to the audition.
4. Reset the sim with testing cheats, and turn it into a plant and back to a human (why not).
5. Uninstall all mods, save the game, then reload it.
6. Clear all cache files (including ones outside the cache folder).
7. Reinstall the game.
8. Use a different copy of the game.

To be noted:

- The sim is a young adult, not an adult yet.
- The sim had been created on a cracked version of the game (this was to test the game for the first time and see if i would like it, with the firm intention of buying it if i did. After a coupleof hours of game, i did buy it for more than 100$ worth of content, so i hope you will understand this was not ill-intended). The bug happened on the cracked version and persisted on the legit copy. As far as i know, the cracked copy wouldn't be to blame, as literally everything else worked perfectly.

Thank you for your time and attention, may you find peace and happiness in all your endeavors.
I wish you a very good one!

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 48 of 75 (2,087 Views)

Re: [Acting career] Can't go to auditions

Hero

Hi @thexpieddroit 

thank you for your detailed report. I'v merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 75 (2,062 Views)

Re: [Acting career] Can't go to auditions

★ Novice
I have this issue too. I do have CC though to be honest, but I don't think it should make a difference. I play lots of families and whenever I go back to one that had a gig I can't attend it anymore or look at new ones. I have no choice but to cancel.
Message 50 of 75 (2,040 Views)