Re: Unable to Check Available Auditions

by Hi_its_Nobody

Original Post

Re: [Acting career] Can't go to auditions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It would be nice if this were to be treated as a major bug by the dev team, since, as someone mentioned, this basically means a huge part of Get To Work simply doesn't work at all for a bunch of us. I'm not trying to be agressive or anything, i'm just saying that it would be appreciated if someone affiliated with EA or Maxis could bump this towards the devs

Message 51 of 75 (1,718 Views)

Hero
It's been forwarded to QA like every other report in this forum.

There's a post about how the bug forum works here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445255#M83543

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 75 (1,701 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ah i had no idea this is how it works, apologies.
Thanks for your answer!
Message 53 of 75 (1,690 Views)

Unable to Check Available Auditions

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim go into the acting career (the Sim having issues is currently living in a Penthouse and is male) and try to check for open auditions (the Sim is using the G.R.A.N. Talent Agency).
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing will happen, like pressing the 'Close Door' button on an elevator.
What do you expect to see? Available auditions to show up as intended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. StrangerVille Patch

I have not tried this on other Sims, only on the current Sim I am playing.

Message 54 of 75 (1,574 Views)

Hero
Could you try changing the agency. Sounds like some corruption

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 75 (1,565 Views)

★ Guide
I went in to do that but noticed he had a gig set (there was no actual gig) so I cancelled the gig and now it works fine. Could that by chance be because I switched to another household (to play with StrangerVille) so his gig was lost?
Message 56 of 75 (1,554 Views)

Hero
Had the wrong issue in mind. Glad you fixed it.

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 75 (1,541 Views)

Invisible Gigs - Get Famous, Acting Career

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Fitness Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Romantic Garden's Stuff, Get To Work, Get Famous, Bowling, and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems to be every time I log back into the game, when I had a gig coming up in a couple of days, and when I check, there's nothing there. But when I go to search for my Sim to get a new gig, I cannot, since there is an invisible gig in its place. The only way to get around it is canceling the gig via my phone, and getting another one the same way I couldn't. (Get Famous)
What happens when the bug occurs? I check my work/briefcase tab, and it has nothing coming up for work- even though I had a gig coming up at least the next day. Seems to happen after I left the game saved, and came back to it another day in real life.
What do you expect to see? I don't want there to be invalid or missing jobs/gigs that I worked hard for with my Sims. Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This one just popped up next.

Hope this helps.

Stay cool.

-C

Message 58 of 75 (1,480 Views)

Re: Invisible Gigs - Get Famous, Acting Career

Hero

Hi @C_Cheeseburger 

I merged your post with similar reports. 

Do you play rotationally at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 75 (1,476 Views)

Sims 4 bug with acting and freelancer careers

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work , Seasons , Cats and dogs, get together, get famous, city living, spa day, dine out, outdoor retreat, strangerville, parenthood, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing with acting and freelancer career.
What happens when the bug occurs? - When playing with get famous (I bought it Almost right away when it lanched. I had some problems with my actress career. I would accept the jobs and then on the day of the test my sim would not have been called, or when it was time to go and work, it was impossible to go, since She was not called to go. The "career" bar is stuck with that job even tho It already had passed the time. And I couldnt reject or find another one unless i used the phone. (Even by using the phone the bug still does the same thing where She cant work and the career bar doesnt work either.) -Playing with the freelancer career working as an autonumous(?) Writer, was able to do Just one work and after that the career bar wouldnt work and the jobs I selected I would write the books give them to the clients and dont recieve any Money, the job would still be there enlisted as if I didnt do it. But I even recieved the message from the client thanking for the "book".
What do you expect to see? Acting career: The sim working, being called to work, the career bar really working, Freelancer: As soon as I deliver the book the job shouldnt be enlisted and my sim should recieve the money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. get famous and latest update with the freelancer career

I have CC and mods but I have already tested without them and I still have the same problem. 

I am also pretty sure the problem doesnt come with this latest update because that happenned with the acting career when I bought the sims 4 get famous (it was on the same day or the next day it launched.)

If something is not  well explained it is because English is not my first language. 

Thank you!

Message 60 of 75 (1,427 Views)