Re: [TS] [GF] Actor unable to look for audition after sending sim to work alone

by DiamondRose1970

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND/A] [GF] Looking for audition drops from queue

Hero

I've added although I think we currently have multiple issues in this thread.

Might need to split

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 75 (5,207 Views)

Get Famous Acting Career Audition Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim fails to attend audition
What happens when the bug occurs? Audition remains in career's tab, but they won't try to attend it again. Also, will remain if you cancel the audition and will prevent you advancing the acting career.
What do you expect to see? Failure to attend the audition automatically results in you failing to get the gig. Would also expect your work performance to decrease, as you agency wouldn't be happy about you not turning up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So this happened with and without mods and CC installed. Have a Sim I am trying to get through the acting career - I've tried it twice with this one Sim, on different game saves. One time she got stuck eating food and it wouldn't cancel it, and I had to "reset object" her. A second game play I attempted she just opted not to automatically go which I hadn't realised until after the audition passed.

It gets stuck on the audition she failed to attend. I've tried doing the "cancel gig" option though it stays in the career's tab in the bottom. I can select new gigs using the phone and it will let me go to them but it will not let me advance the career despite the happy tick to say she's at that level for a promotion. I've tried using both the promote and demote cheat to see if that will let me advance the career, but there is no movement.

I have tried changing agency, quitting the acting career, etc but the gig remains locked in the career's tab.

This is very frustrating as it prevents the world renowned actor aspiration being completed without cheats, and it essentially stops the acting career from being playable.

Message 32 of 75 (5,197 Views)

Re: Get Famous Acting Career Audition Bug

Hero

Hi @MasqueradeMoth

merged your post with similar reports. The thread has a few issues by now but they are (hopefully) all connected. 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 75 (5,178 Views)

Gig vanishes.

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and make sure a Gig will fall on a day of.
What happens when the bug occurs? You pass the audition. But if the day of the Gig is a Holiday or you have family leave The Gig vanishes from the work schedule when it is time for work. until then it is still there. Testing shows that it happens every time with family leave but only for major holidays. Since you can no longer go to the Gig you have to cancel it and sign up for another audition.
What do you expect to see? The Gig should be postponed or at least be cancelled properly with a notice and also be reset on Phone/Computer so you can immediately sign up for a new audition.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous

Play the game and make sure a Gig will fall on a day of.

You pass the audition. But if the day of the Gig is a Holiday or you have family leave The Gig vanishes from the work schedule when it is time for work. until then it is still there. Testing shows that it happens every time with family leave but only for major holidays. Since you can no longer go to the Gig you have to cancel it and sign up for another audition..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 34 of 75 (5,138 Views)

Re: Sims has old audition stuck on career panel

★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

I've tried the work around in the solution post, but I've had no luck. I've tried cancelling the audition on the phone but it's not actually listed. I've tried deleting the suggested cache files from the ea folder as well. 

Thanks for any help @crinrict

Message 35 of 75 (5,007 Views)

Re: Sims has old audition stuck on career panel

Hero

HI @EIIiephant

I can take a look at your save if you want.

Just upload to onedrive, googledrive or dropbox and pm me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 75 (5,002 Views)

Re: [TS] [GF] Actor unable to look for audition after sending sim to work alone

★★ Novice
Thank you it worked for me Standard smile
Message 37 of 75 (4,976 Views)

[TO TEST] [GF] Sim not going to audition

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, City Living, My First Pet Stuff, Dining Out, Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, and Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When any of my Sims are in the Actor profession and their audition comes up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any Sims of mine that is an actor and has an audition coming up will NOT go to their audition at all. I'm not even notified whether they passed or fail and the open audition listing disappears until I cancel and it happens all over again.
What do you expect to see? The sims who have an upcoming audition should go to their audition like any other sim that leaves for work and it should notify me the results of the audition.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Very frustrating! Bought this expansion pack for it to not work. Already uninstalled, backed up my file, and reinstalled the entire games plus add-ons. Never used any mods. Kept searching online but don't think anybody else has had the same problem. 

Message 38 of 75 (4,845 Views)

Re: Get Famous BUG. Actor Sims are stuck and won't leave for audition

Hero

There's a few similar reports but I'm unsure if it's the same as others have reported

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 75 (4,835 Views)

Re: Get Famous BUG. Actor Sims are stuck and won't leave for audition

EA Sims Team

Hello @j-youngin511 

Did you attempt to "Check Open Auditions"?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 40 of 75 (4,809 Views)