Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Looking for Audition cancels/can't go to auditions

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL Except, Kitchen, Backyard, Bowling and Fitness stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play another household sim on community lot, while actor sim goes to work alone. (No option to follow to work(?)) Click button for new audition after actor comes home.
What happens when the bug occurs? Button turns green and shows "Check open auditions" while hovering, But can't click/ does not issue an action in sims queue.
What do you expect to see? Action turns up in my sim's queue and audition selection appears.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous installation on release date

Played get famous without CC/mods when installing. Exited game because of bug, added mods, then restarted game. 

Game restarted twice; bug persists. 

Message 1 of 75 (22,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TS] [GF] Actor unable to look for audition after sending sim to work alone

Hero

Actor Sims can now Check Open Auditions properly when returning from Work. Get that bread! Be a starving artist no more!

Fixed in Patch 1.60.54

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 74 of 75 (13,717 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @jk-olsen

I tested this in my game and had no issue with it.

Did you try repairing the game and did you also delete your localthumbcache file after removing the mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 75 (22,279 Views)

★★ Novice

Same bug no cc in mods in same !

Message 3 of 75 (22,231 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 75 (22,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this same issue that the button under the career tab just was not working. However I realized that when I clicked the work tab on her phone, I had the option at the top to 'cancel gig' even though she didnt have one. I did that and suddenly the check open auditions button was working again. 

Not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a try 

Message 5 of 75 (22,176 Views)

Hero
Was it the same scenario for you when this happened ? (with going to another lot with a household member)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 75 (22,162 Views)

★★ Novice

So, Deleting Cache/localthumbcache and reparing the game did not help, however, cancel gig from phone worked.

Message 7 of 75 (22,141 Views)

Can't Join a Gig

★★★★★ Novice

Continued from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-can-t-join-my-sim-on-their-gig-on-the-acting-career/...

I couldn't join a gig originally because I removed a household member. I solved my problem by moving the sim back in.

After finishing a gig finally, though, I can't join or search for another one: it creates a queue in my sim's action bar but quickly disappears. Restarting the game does nothing.

Any help is appreciated!

(I have no mods.)

Message 8 of 75 (21,979 Views)

Re: Can't Join a Gig

Hero

@Cold_Pastoral

moving your post over to this bug report for the moment. Not sure if it's the same issue but could you try the workaround posted in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 75 (21,965 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't Join a Gig

Hero

@jk-olsen @Cold_Pastoral @MessaMessa @XxLaDyZXx

Do you guys have pools on your lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 75 (21,891 Views)