Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Label you submitted music too is not the one showing

by SynCode

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 get famous Record Label issues

★★ Apprentice

What about the issue of getting dropped by your label even though you are releasing a track a day..  Even after releasing a track, I check in with the label via cell phone and it says the same thing.. that my sim has 6 hours to create and release a new track or they will be dropped.  I thought maybe the message was just glitched.. but nope.. sure enough.  My sim got dropped.  Super annoying. Frown

Message 11 of 28 (2,510 Views)

Hero
Best to make a new thread for that.

Make sure to test with no mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (2,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Well the only way I have seen to release it is through the music mixing station for some reason, the menu to release directly to the label company on the disk just freezes and stalls and the sims go about their business.  I forgot to say it counts as tracks being released using the music mixing station, but it don't count unless its released to the label company.

Message 13 of 28 (2,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have been able to click on the disks in my sims inventory, and "release to Maxis Music Machine" which he is currently signed with. On the released CD's, it says it is released to New Tastemakers, which he is not signed with. Its my second sim (different saves) with this issue.

My sims have not been dropped by any record label, signed or not.

Message 14 of 28 (2,388 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this exact issue, both with and without mods.

My sim is signed to Maxis Music Machine, but every time he releases a new track (whether directly from inventory or from the music station), it shows as released to New Tastemakers in his inventory.

This is causing my sim to be dropped from his labels.

Message 15 of 28 (2,291 Views)

Hero
@SynCode QA is looking for saves for this one. Would you be willing to share yours with them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 28 (2,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm still having this exact issue. It's driving me insane. 

Message 17 of 28 (2,126 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruIcarus https://drive.google.com/file/d/10SqppMOsHiIqr7fNDygQaNg5WdoTyNc2/view?usp=sharing heres a link to my save with the issue. If you need me to upload my sim let me know. You should be able to replicate the issue though by making a new sim and producing an album.
Message 18 of 28 (2,120 Views)

[Open] Get Famous, music releases under wrong music label

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game packs, stuff packs and expansions are installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a music label, create a music, burn, open inventory, click release to label, it releases to new tastemakers instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? Music releases under the wrong record/music label and then you get fired for not releasing any music
What do you expect to see? For it to release under the right label and not get fired
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When my sim releases a song (via the music mixer) to the label, it gets released under the wrong label and eventually you get fired for not releasing music. I've had this issue since get famous's release, and I retried again today in hopes it's been fixed and it hasn't. I started a new game and it's STILL an issue. I've already tried reinstalling, no mods, clearing cache, making a new sim, making a completely new save. Nothing works. If you release to new tastemakers it won't register as being released at all and you'll eventually get fired. 

Video of this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6F7_SyB_0&feature=youtu.be

I have a save file if any gurus need it. 

Message 19 of 28 (2,109 Views)

Re: [Open] Get Famous, music releases under wrong music label

★ Apprentice

This is still an issue.

Message 20 of 28 (1,930 Views)