Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Members

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a Vampire Celebrity
What happens when the bug occurs? The Reacts in Disgust action queues up when a spouse or family member enters the area that the Vampire Celebrity is in, or the Vampire Celebrity enters the area they are in.
What do you expect to see? I expect to NOT see my Vampire reacting in disgust to his spouse and family members when their relationship levels are High. Note on Mods: I removed them, and deleted the localthumbcache.package file after I removed them to help prevent Mod carryover issues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Ever Since Get Famous was released. (But Vampires have been bugged since Seasons on many issues.)

Message 1 of 53 (8,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [GF] Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Members

Hero

Married Celebrity Sim Couples will no longer React in Disgust with each other then they enter the same room.
○ They are just a B-list celebrity though, can you blame them?

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 53 (7,843 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [V] [GF] Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Mem

★★★ Guide
I'm seeing my human celebrity react in disgust to her children.
Message 2 of 53 (8,464 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] [GF] Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Mem

★★★★ Guide
My celeb reacts in disgust to his dog, and he's a dog lover. ~shrugs~ sims lol
Message 3 of 53 (8,442 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not posting what I really want to post, so ...

Looks like it's only partially fixed (for some).

Message 4 of 53 (8,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I just discovered, with or without the Celebrity Home Lot Trait, that a Neutral Reputation does not elicit any response, Reacting Positively or React in Disgust (neither of which should effect household Sims with Positive relationships).  This is with 1 Global Superstar, and 3 B-Listers, The B-Listers are not Married or Boyfriend / Girlfriend to the to the Global Superstar.  Something that the folks working on the bugs might want to look at.

Edit:

For those that don't mind using cheats and not having a positive or negative reputation, you can use testing cheats to set Public Image / Reputation to 4) Neutral to remove the reaction action that queues up.

Message 5 of 53 (8,393 Views)

★★★ Guide

Okay, after about 20 minutes, and putting Celebrity Home Lot Trait back, the reactions returned.  When I promoted the B-Listers to Proper Celebrity, the reaction actions disappeared (with the forced Neutral Reputation on all Sims in the Household).

Message 6 of 53 (8,387 Views)

Re: Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Mem

Hero

Seems there's def still issues with this

Added this new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 53 (8,353 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GF] Married celebrity couple constantly "react in disgust&amp

★★★ Newbie

I have 4 sims in the house that are 5 star famous and anytime they load, whether they’re alone or not, they react in disgust. They walk into a room with someone, react in disgust. One Sim has Public number, one has a Stan and the other two don’t have any quirks. This happened before having a Stan too

Message 8 of 53 (8,290 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Mem

★★★ Guide

This may be off-topic but there is a Fame quirk named "No Touching" with the following description: "Being touched by strangers with less Fame than your Sim." Now, my Sim who is a Global Superstar, is getting negative moodlets by being touched by her best friend (which by definition is anyone but a stranger) or any other plain~good friends. I wish they could somehow distinguish between "friends/family" and ordinary "fans" as that would seem to be more realistic.

Message 9 of 53 (8,271 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Global Superstar reacts in disgust with Spouse/Family Mem

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim got the "react in disgust" bug immediately after she turned into a level 4 celebrity (real star) She lives in an apartment in San Myshuno which doesn't have the celebrity homelot trait. She is single but is best friends with a vampire and also has a full romantic bar with him ( but they are not in a steady relationship). I don't know the exact names of the quirks but it has to do with receiving fanmail and she can't enjoy food that is normal or lower in quality. Her good reputation bar is complety full. I can't tell with what patch this bug came because i only recently bought the get to fame pack and this is the first time i am playing a celebrity.

Message 10 of 53 (8,204 Views)