Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Gig notifications from other households - events not paus

by freiundentwirrt

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Gig notifications from other households - events not paused

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides the following three stuff packs: cool kitchen, fitness and laundry day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim work as an actor and have them sign up for an audition. Switch household. After getting to the day of the audition you'll get a notification that the sim (whose household you're not currently playing)
What happens when the bug occurs? If I don't switch households, the actor misses his/her audition, despite the fact that the actor's household should be paused gameplay wise.
What do you expect to see? I expect the households I'm not playing to be paused.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm a long time sims player, and I know well enough to turn of auto age and any other functions I don't want, but I have never before experienced that unplayed sims continue their careers or that playing a household will affect the career of a sim in another household. Usually time is "paused" for the other households, meaning they don't miss work or get negative grades/reviews when not being played. Their lives are in that sense paused.

This problem appeared after installing Get Famous. I recently also installed a few single file mods, however as they're just cosmetic they should not affect the game play. (Mods: Eye lence, Eye lashes, Make up)

Logically thinking the issue could either have been caused by Get famous (because of the new interactive careers), Seasons (because of the calendar) or possibly the result of an update.

Could you look into it? I'd really like to be able to switch between playing households without having to worry about my other households failing their careers.

Thanks in advance.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (4,769 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [GF] Audition notifications from other households - events not pa

★★★★★ Guide

Since you have Mods, maybe try testing without them first off?

Message 2 of 11 (4,696 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [GF] Audition notifications from other households - events not pa

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (4,650 Views)

Receiving notifications from lots not currently playing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except SV
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I moved a sim from a prior house into a different one and I am receiving notifications from the sims in the previous house while playing in the new one...time is passing for both lots at the same time somehow.
What do you expect to see? I wouldn't expect to have the old house running while playing the new one
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is so strange I just wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else. I'm at a loss on how to fix this. I'm receiving notifications from sims in the previous household I lived in. My roommate in the old house is an actress and when i play her i set up auditions and leave that lot hours or days before her audition or gig time. Then i go play my other house and as time in the new lot passes I get notifications that her audition is in an hour or the option to join her gigs and she doesn't even live on the lot I'm playing. But it gets even weirder cause it's not just notifications. If I go back to that house after getting a notification of an audition starting in an hour, time has actually passed on that lot while I was playing the other. Even though I left the actress hours or days before said audition, when I go back, it is indeed time for her audition as the notification I indicated in the other household. ???? This is annoying because when I'm playing my other lot I dont want to have to go back to hers to make sure she does her gigs properly etc...can anyone tell me how this is even possible? 

Message 4 of 11 (4,646 Views)

Re: Receiving notifications from lots not currently playing

Hero

Hi @freiundentwirrt 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,625 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Gig notifications from other households - events not paus

★★★★★ Apprentice
So today I started a third household and none of the people there ever lived with the first household that has the actress and people whom she has given a key to her house waltz in the third house and nobody there even knows the guy. So strange and so annoying.
Message 6 of 11 (4,586 Views)

Hero
Sounds a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-NPCs-coming-into-apartments-houses-uninvited/m-p/6...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (4,575 Views)

Champion
This sounds like by-design game behaviour to me. Time passes universally in sync for all lots. You don't have to worry about taking care of your sims needs or anything, they'll just simulate in the background.

But days will pass for all households, even if aging is turned off. Like if you get a sim pregnant and then switch to a different house and play for a few days, then go back to the previous house, you'll find that the baby has been born because time does pass. It's always been like that even before Seasons.

Sounds like gigs schedule on fixed days and must happen on those dates even if you've switched to a different household. I don't really have any issues with this because I either:

1) Work with it: for example an audition schedules for 2 days from now, but I don't really have anything I want to do with my actor sim while I wait for the audition date, so I switch to another family for a day and then switch back when it's audition time. That way, I didn't have to waste a day doing nothing while waiting.

2) Avoid it: I just make sure I fully complete gigs first, and then switch to a different household without picking up a new gig (because you don't have to).
Message 8 of 11 (4,564 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@simvasion wrote:
This sounds like by-design game behaviour to me. Time passes universally in sync for all lots. You don't have to worry about taking care of your sims needs or anything, they'll just simulate in the background.

But days will pass for all households, even if aging is turned off. Like if you get a sim pregnant and then switch to a different house and play for a few days, then go back to the previous house, you'll find that the baby has been born because time does pass. It's always been like that even before Seasons.

Sounds like gigs schedule on fixed days and must happen on those dates even if you've switched to a different household. I don't really have any issues with this because I either:

1) Work with it: for example an audition schedules for 2 days from now, but I don't really have anything I want to do with my actor sim while I wait for the audition date, so I switch to another family for a day and then switch back when it's audition time. That way, I didn't have to waste a day doing nothing while waiting.

2) Avoid it: I just make sure I fully complete gigs first, and then switch to a different household without picking up a new gig (because you don't have to).

I have to disagree because sure some things pass, like pregnancy,  while switched to other households but things like careers should not be affected. Like my sims dont advance in their career or lose their job while I'm playing other lots and, as far as I can tell, they do not even go to work while not on lot. I shouldn't be getting notifications to join sims at their job while not playing that household. If that were a thing it would be impossible for those that play 20 or more rotational lots as they would be bombarded with all those career notifications.  Luckily this issue is happening for me on a new save where I am currently o ly rotating between three households. I cant imagine this happening on my other save where I play more than thirty. 

Message 9 of 11 (4,554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think this is definitely a GF bug because I made a new save to explore GF and dont have anybody in the acting career in my other save that has no issues. Plus, the acting career is the only time I have had career notifications intrude other lots. I wonder if the freelancer career is doing this as well. The lot where my actor is seems to cause other bugs like the man she gave house keys to walking in on my other houses. It has to be linked to GF because the one and only person she gave keys to is the only one showing up uninvited on other lots. 

Message 10 of 11 (4,552 Views)