[FIXED] [GF] Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

by RedShampoo01

Original Post

Re: Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too. Never tried launching a brand before now and I've tried 3 times since last night and each time has crashed my game. I'm on PC.

Message 11 of 102 (3,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello ,

Would you be willing to share a couple of files requested below, you can send the link via DM .

- Save file 
-lastCrash.txt in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
-Crash log. To find this: Open Applications/Utilities/Console.app, click Crash Reports, find the one corresponding to Sims 4, right-click, select "Reveal in Finder".

Instructions on how to send files are here. You can send them to me via private message if you prefer.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 102 (3,860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

★ Novice

I've been having this same issue using windows. Not sure when it started.

Message 13 of 102 (3,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruRitzy It wont let me send my crash log to you Frown
Message 14 of 102 (3,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @badchicken123 

did you try uploading file on google drive or one drive? Here are different options you can try to share file(s) with us, then you can share the link with me via Personal message.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 102 (3,790 Views)

★ Novice
@SimGuruRitzy Hello! I have a file from today that just crashed, exact same issue on Windows 10, game updated to latest, mods updated to latest. I can send my files if you'd like
Message 16 of 102 (3,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @seniorkittens 

That would be great if you can share the files requested below:

- Save file \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Saves
-lastCrash.txt in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
-Crash log. To find this: Open Applications/Utilities/Console.app, click Crash Reports, find the one corresponding to Sims 4, right-click, select "Reveal in Finder".

Instructions on how to send files are here. You can send them to me via private message if you prefer.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Edit:
Apologies the crash log step was only for MAC users as you mentioned @seniorkittens that you are on Windows 10 just last crash and save is enough.

Message 17 of 102 (3,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same issue I'm playing on mac and every time I try to launch a lifestyle brand my game crashes 

Message 18 of 102 (3,613 Views)

Get famous lifestyle brand causes crash each time

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, get to work, cats and dogs, island living, snowy escape, discover university, seasons, get together, city living, parenthood, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, kids stuff, my first pet stuff, tiny living, toddler, movie hangout, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Celebrity sim is attempting to create a lifestyle brand, click computer and press make a lifestyle, fill out form and then press create.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game immediately crashes after pressing create lifestyle brand.
What do you expect to see? Lifestyle brand should be created.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Do not have any screenshots. 

Message 19 of 102 (3,601 Views)

Sims 4 blue screen error Celebrity Brand

★★★★ Apprentice

My sims 4 keeps crashing on my ps4 pro after clicking on starting a brand as a celebrity.

When you click to pay the 300 simoleons to start the brand nothing happens, when u choose your title, brand logo, brand category nothing happens. But when u click on confirm to establish the brand you get a blue screen error. I have no idea what is going on with the sims lately but i have been experiencing a lot of freezing (sims just standing there) and a lot of random frame drop lag. Never had it this bad as since i came back, i do own every pack so that might be the reason.

Message 20 of 102 (3,075 Views)